HC Operations Lead
The HC Operations Lead is responsible for providing support to the Head –HC Ops & General Services with all matters relating to employee services, employee relations and employee life cycle. Aligns business objectives with employees and management in designated bases.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in HR or MBA as an added advantage
Qualifications and experience
- HR related certificates accredited by CIPD /SHRM or equivalent
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in a similar division and industry.
- Experience in a military MRO facility is preferred
- Proficient knowledge of employee management systems policies & procedures
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Good knowledge of project & contract management
- Good knowledge of capacity building, measurement and evaluation
- Excellent analytical, research and report development skills
- Ability to coach & mentor the team
- Conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Thorough knowledge of UAE Labor Laws.
- Awareness of local cultural and social factors.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Evaluates and resolves human relations, labor relations, and work-related problems, and meets with management to determine appropriate action according to AMMROC Policy.
- Interviews workers to gather information on worker attitudes toward work environment and supervision received to facilitate resolution of employee relations problem at the Bases
- Explains and provides advice to workers about company and governmental rules, regulations, and procedures, and need for compliance.
- Maintains medical, insurance, and other personnel records and forms.
- Monitoring trends in employment practices and advising on appropriate proactive action.
- Ensures communicating with employees, receiving and addressing their grievances, suggests measures in order to ensure smooth operations and to enhance employee morale.
- Develops a wide variety of written materials (e.g. forms, procedures, reports, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information
- Ensures providing full day to day HC Administrative support pertaining to HC administration such as record keeping, maintenance of personnel files, attending to employee queries etc. in order to facilitate effective operations of the HC function at the designated base.
- Maintains a wide variety of records (e.g. provider contracts, claim files, employee records, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or documentation.
- Monitors employee leaves and attendance and ensure that all related information and data are continuously documented and communicated to all concerned stakeholders in order maintain accurate payroll records and reconcile the impact on the employee performance evaluation.
- Maintains effective employee relations policies and practices, ensuring that staff are treated fairly and impartially within AMMROC’s policies, ensuring that the authority and the employees fulfil their obligation under the terms and conditions of service.
- Engages in regular communication with employees, receives and address grievances, suggests corrective measures in order to ensure smooth operations and enhance employee morale.
- Oversees the effective implementation of general services (visa application, cancellation) to employees in a timely manner
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. payroll and human resources departments; insurance providers); for the purpose of ensuring compliance with policies and mandated legal requirements
- Oversee the implementation of strategies which will serve as a link between HC and the overall strategic plan of AMMROC
- Involved in Restructuring strategies: reducing staff (termination or attrition) re-grouping tasks, reorganizing work units
- Recommends the HC budget, and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of forecasted costs and revenues; areas of underperformance are identified and opportunities to improve performance are capitalised upon.
- Manages department’s staff and teams by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, learning and development to ensure high levels of engagement and competence.
- Participates in the identification, sourcing, evaluation, negotiation, and selection of HC service providers - in coordination with the VP of HC in order to facilitate selection of services in accordance with defined standards and procedures, ensuring optimum protection of AMMROC’s business interests.
- As and when requested, identifies the list of external consultants eligible to provide the relevant services and work with the Procurement team to issue RFP/tenders are distributed as per AMMROC’s requirements and policy.
- Conducts technical and financial analysis of the HC proposals submitted by the vendors along with the relevant stakeholders to ensure the scope of work addresses AMMROC’s requirements.
- Oversees the work of external consultants on an ongoing basis and throughout the life cycle of the projects to ensure that AMMROC optimizes external support and generates a high return on investment from consultancy services.
- Recommends improvements to departmental policy and directs the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas off HC Operations so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Supervises the preparation of timely and accurate departmental statements and reports pertaining to HC Strategy & Planning section to meet AMMROC’s and departmental requirements, policies and standards.
- Performs other related duties or assignments as directed.