Head of Legal
The Head of Legal manages and ensures that all AMMROC’s contracts and agreements are drafted in compliance with legal requirements and terms and conditions and in a manner that ensures protecting the interests of AMMROC
Education and Qualifications
- LLM or Bachelor Degree in law studies or equivalent
Qualifications and experience
- 5 years of experience within the legal role
- Industry knowledge and GCC experience is preferred
- Good Verbal and written Communication skills
- Knowledge in the development and implementation of policies & procedure
- Knowledge of legal resolution, litigation arbitrations, and prosecution procedures
- Legal mitigation analysis and legal crisis management skills
- Dispute settlement skills
- Tenders and contracts management skills
- Benchmarking skills with other legal competitive legal practices
- Assists in day to day operations to ensure that work processes are implemented within established policies, processes & procedures
- Oversees the process of filing and maintaining all contracts and agreements in both hardcopy filing system and electronic database.
- Maintains the filing system of all documentations in order to facilitate future referencing and easy accessibility.
- Updates and maintains legal files, both paper and electronic contract database, including highly confidential documents, contracts, agreements etc.
- Drafts, Finalizes and prepares for signature all AMMROC NDAs
- Drafts, finalizes and prepares for signature (including CAF Forms) all basic AMMROC Service Agreements.
- Supports the General Counsel for Board and Committee meeting preparations including attending all meetings.
- Assists the Department Managers in drafting and preparation of non-disclosure agreements, service agreements, procurement contracts and other documents to gain familiarity with contracting practices and principles.
- Understands and studies the applicable corporate governance regimes to be able to advise the commercial and procurement teams regarding approval and signing authority limits for various commitments in line with the Company Delegation of Authority.
- Coordinate face to face/ online training program on ethics and regulations and generate reports on the same.
- Supports monitoring activities, including audits and self-evaluations
- Prepares MIS statements and reports in a timely and accurately manner ensuring it meets AMMROC UAE/US and departmental requirements, policies and standards.
- Ensures Compliance with relevant legal, safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the company in order to ensure employee safety, regulatory compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Identifies opportunities to take part in change initiatives, programs and projects that reflect international best practices.
- Recommends improvements to policy and assist in implementing procedures and controls which will support Department goals while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.