Head of MRO Airframe
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
CLOSES ON: 2020-02-26
Department: MRO - Operations
Direct reports: TBA
Reports to: Vice President of MRO
- Support VP MRO with developing a strategic road-map for future growth, long range planning, management and leadership of the Airframe verticals to ensure smooth progress on day to day operations, future projects.
- Provide efficient and timely aircraft maintenance and repair services to customers consistent with AMMROC’s obligations.
- Evaluate overall performance for MRO regularly and apply proven improvement strategies/methodologies.
- Revise and formulate the policies and procedures as required.
- Liaise with VP MRO to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or other relevant technical fields
- Preferred: Master’s in related field or equivalent experiences
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 20 years’ experience in a similar aerospace role, of which at least 15 years in a senior leadership/management position within an MRO facility/aviation maintenance program.
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly effective executive level presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written Communication skills
- Complex project planning, organizing, and integration skills
- Established industry network with in-depth knowledge of related execution requirements
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong drive and focus on business growth
- Continuous development of MRO Services strategies to ensure alignment and integration with other interfacing stakeholders to meet challenging growth objectives.
- Ensure that divisional and departmental strategies and related plans are developed, implemented and realized.
- Lead the overall effective achievement of the MRO Airframe, growing the business base and revenue generation through industry networks, develop supporting plans for technological advancements across areas of responsibilities, setting individual objectives, recruiting qualified staff, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximise subordinate and departmental performance.
- Prepare budgetary projections and monitor financial performance so that the business is aware of anticipated costs.
- Contribute and support the VP MRO in the development of cost plan which defines AMMROC’s anticipated expenditure in order to ensure that the company has the physical and technical capability to meet its strategic objectives and that the company is aware of the likely impact of this expenditure upon cash flows.
- Monitor and control financial health.
- Support in the development of an optimum organizational structure for unity of command and facilitate efficient operations.
- Support the development, formulation and implementation of Information Technology initiatives.
- Promote the implementation of innovative IT based processes, systems and solutions for internal users.
- Implementation of cutting edge systems
- Support the provision of effective and timely supply chain management services including but not limited to: the administration of contracts/purchase orders, full material management for operational spares, expediting of overseas vendors, issuance of contracts/purchase orders documents and timely completion and avoid budget overruns, fulfilment of contractual responsibilities and protection of AMMROC liabilities against contractual risks
- Support the ongoing review of the physical condition of all MRO operational assets to ensure that those assets are in a suitable condition to allow the company to fulfil its strategic objectives and whilst complying with all relevant legislative requirements.
- Monitor the development and implementation of programmes and business processes which will facilitate for the identification and consistent application of best practice and the realisation of synergies across MRO
- Lead the development of policies, processes, procedures, guidelines and controls; which ensure MRO’s operations and maintenance support activities will meet strategic goals in line with best practice standards
- Lead full compliance with Audit, Risk and quality standards so that all employees satisfactorily meet and receive sign off from quality and Internal Audit requirements and investigations
- Support the VP MRO with the creation of an enabling culture so that MRO staff are strongly inspired to take a ‘hands-on’ and ‘can-do’ approach to the business environment, reacting rapidly to new initiatives, meeting planned targets in a high performance environment
- Monitor and support the VP MRO in ensuring that all functional reports of MRO are completed timely and comply with international principles of corporate governance and standards, company policies and standards.