Head of Operations
To manage AMMROC’s Maintenance Operations activities to ensure the continuous and efficient delivery of maintenance, repair, and overhaul services to all customers’ aircraft while managing operations to a high standard and meeting service, quality, environmental and schedule/cost targets.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 20 years’ experience in Aircraft Maintenance Management with preferably 5 years heading a similar maintenance operations department or a military MRO facility.
- Experience in the relevant industry especially with an MRO facility for military aircrafts.
- Exceptional knowledge of the military aircraft maintenance operations.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong aircraft engineering and maintenance skills
- Strong verbal and written Communication skills
- Strong planning, organizing, and integration skills
- Strong knowledge in the development and implementation of policies & procedures
- Strong organizational commitment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong drive to grow capabilities
- Financial management skills
- Understanding of financial policies and international accounting standards
- As a senior member of the Operations Management team, contribute towards the formulation and implementation of overall Operation strategies and plans aligned to AMMROC Leadership direction.
- Ensure the effective achievement of Maintenance Operations functional objectives through the leadership of the Maintenance Operations function – setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to ensure that the highest level of performance is achieved.
- Lead the preparation of Maintenance Operations functional budgets and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
- Manage the development of an optimum organizational structure for the maintenance operations department in order to ensure unity of command and facilitate efficient operations across the department.
- Direct and oversee the implementation of maintenance operational policies covering all areas of Maintenance Operation activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective aircraft maintenance service to customers.
- Implement operational policies and procedures to ensure that all activities take place in a controlled and compliant manner.
- Direct the implementation of an approach to aircraft maintenance which ensures maximal availability of aircraft and guarantees delivery of timely aircraft maintenance to customers.
- Monitor the resolution of the operational day-to-day maintenance problems to ensure a highly efficient, effective and quality service is extended to customers’ aircrafts.
- Ensure that military aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul services are continuously available to customers so that aircraft are operational and ready to fly when required and at a level that meets the required standards.
- On an on-going basis, examine current operational processes to identify and implement potential operational improvements that will positively impact upon service, safety, environmental and cost performance.
- Contribute towards the on-going review of the physical condition of all AMMROC operational assets including the ones in the Airbases to ensure that those assets are in a suitable condition to allow the organisation to fulfil its strategic objectives and they comply with any relevant legislation.
- Contribute towards the development and recommendation of a high-level capital plan which defines AMMROC’s anticipated major capital expenditure in order to ensure that the company has the physical capability to meet its strategic objectives and the company is aware of the likely impact of capital expenditure upon cash flows
- Contribute towards technical studies and evaluations in order to determine the financial and technical feasibility of expanding the business in terms of the range of maintenance services offered and the area/sectors over which those services are offered.
- Manage the development and implementation of programmes and business processes which will facilitate for the identification and consistent application of best practice and the realisation of synergies across the operations division in alignment with AMMROC Leadership direction.
- Manage the requirement for incoming and outgoing manpower as necessary to ensure required resources are available to maintain aircraft serviceability and availability in regards to budget and base management requirements
- Any other reasonable request or work task as allocated by the VP of Operations.