Talent Development Lead
The Talent Development Lead is responsible for leading and managing the learning and development strategy, and Nationalisation projects across AMMROC through the development of internal capabilities to ensure that the company achieves its short and long term objectives with a talented, trained and motivated workforce.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in HR or MBA as an added advantage
Qualifications and experience
- HR related certificates accredited by CIPD /SHRM or equivalent
- Minimum of 6-10 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years in a leadership role in a similar division and industry.
- Experience in a military MRO facility is preferred
- Proficient knowledge of talent management, learning & development approaches and techniques.
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Good knowledge of project & contract management
- Good knowledge of capacity building, measurement and evaluation
- Excellent analytical, research and report development skills
- Ability to coach & mentor the team
- Conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Thorough knowledge of UAE Labor Laws.
- Awareness of local cultural and social factors.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Oversees the development and implementation of learning and development processes and framework, in line with leading practices in order to ensure the provision of learning and development programs that cater for AMMROC’s needs.
- Manages the development and implementation of the training calendar in coordination with Departments and training providers to ensure annual training plans are in line with AMMROC’s organizational priorities.
- Oversees the analysis of training costs, and reviews proposed training budget in order to ensure cost-effectiveness of training initiatives.
- Manages the review, evaluation and reporting of training programs effectiveness, and provides recommendations and suggestions for further improvement to ensure that training courses delivered are in line with the organization’s need.
- Ensures that Personal Development Plans PDP are prepared and approved for all staff, and reviewed on an annual basis so that they are up-to-date and relevant to individual development.
- Manages and leads the implementation of AMMROC’s succession plans through the identification of an internal potential pool of candidates for succession, or employees in various programs run by Nationalization in collaboration with the leadership team, Manpower Planning and OD department and Technical Training to prepare the identified candidate(s) and prevent any potential disruptions to business operations.
- Manages the development and implementation of AMMROC’s Emiratization strategy and plan, as per the direction of the VP Human Capital and CEO, that covers all aspects related to the attraction, development and retention of UAE Nationals to build the capability of Nationals within AMMROC and support the achievement of Emiratization targets in line with organizational goals and the Abu Dhabi government’s objectives.
- Works with the GHQ to accommodate the students and provide them with developmental programs such as English language trainings, soft skills trainings, Masar programs, etc. so that their development is planned in a systematic and organized manner and they can autonomously work on aircrafts on bases.
- Manages the design and implementation of AMMROC’s talent development framework and programs (e.g. Soft skills training, career development plans, succession planning, leadership development, student sponsorship and scholarship programs etc.) to attract, retain and develop talented employees within AMMROC, incorporating Emiratization objectives, and enabling the organization for future business requirements and challenges.
- Manages the development and implementation of the performance management framework and processes, in line with leading practices to ensure that all AMMROC employees are assessed in a fair and objective manner, with a clear line of sight between individual performance goals and organization-wide strategic goals and objectives.
- Manages department’s staff and teams by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, learning and development to ensure high levels of engagement and competence
- In conjunction with and as required by executive management, contribute to the formulation and implementation of the Nationalization and Talent Development departmental strategy in line with AMMROC’s vision and mission.
- Ensures that strategy is translated into annual operational business plans for the Nationalization and Talent Development department and that performance is monitored and managed to ensure continuous improvement.
- Recommends the Nationalization and Talent Development budget, and monitors financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of forecasted costs and revenues; areas of underperformance are identified and opportunities to improve performance are capitalized upon.
- Ensures that all functions within AMMROC are assigned a specific approved budget for L&D and Nationalization to enable proper allocation of costs to all functions.
- As and when requested, identifies the list of external consultants eligible to provide the relevant services and work with the Procurement department to issue RFP/tenders as per AMMROC’s requirements and policy.
- Conducts technical and financial analysis of the HC proposals submitted by the vendors along with the relevant stakeholders to ensure the scope of work addresses AMMROC’s requirements
- Oversees the work of external consultants on an ongoing basis and throughout the life cycle of the contract to ensure that AMMROC optimizes external support and generates a high return on investment from consultancy services.
- Oversees and ensures compliance to all relevant safety, quality & environment management policies, procedures and controls across the Talent development department to ensure that AMMROC provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
- Stimulate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of Talent development systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Recommends improvements to departmental policy and directs the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of Talent development so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Supervises the preparation of timely and accurate departmental MIS statements and reports pertaining to Talent development department to meet AMMROC and departmental requirements, policies and standards.
- Performs other related duties or assignments as directed.