The VP SCM is responsible to guide and direct Supply Chain department including material planning, procurement, inventory management and transportation and facilities by enhancing efficient and effective performance in order to supply AMMROC operations, various departments and bases with materials, spare parts and equipment in a timely and cost effective manner
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business management, industrial engineering or related field
- MBA or Master’s degree in a related field
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant experience in supply chain management in a similar industry with
5-7 years of progressive managerial experience
- Understanding of AMMROC operations and services
- Knowledge of inventory management processes and practices
- Knowledge of procurement process and acquisition management
- Knowledge of military aviation MRO equipment and parts
- Knowledge of military MRO OEMs products and equipment
- Knowledge of developing processes and adjusting according to the changing needs of the business
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Exceptional problem solving, attention to detail, and investigatory skills.
- Knowledge of aerospace industry best practice
- Leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Tact and diplomacy through effective communication (oral and written) at all levels of the organization
- Interpersonal skills
- Persuasion and negotiation skills
- Achievement orientated and performance driven
- Planning, organizing, and integration skills
- Detail orientation skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- In conjunction with and as required by executive management, contributes to the formulation and implementation of Supply Chain departmental strategy in line with AMMROC’s vision and mission.
- Ensures that strategy is translated into annual operational business plans for the Supply Chain department and that performance is monitored and managed to ensure continuous improvement.
- Plans and initiates processes to improve efficiency and reduce downtimes for materials and equipment needed in coordination with base managers and supply chain team.
- Directs implementation of processes to inventory management in order to reduce inventory, minimise costs and maximize working capital.
- Coordinates with base managers and supply chain managers to ensure material availability to support the MRO operations.
- Works with management teams to identify, analyse and resolve inventory-related issues as they arise at the various bases.
- Oversees the effective implementation and compliance to logistics and warehouse procedures in order to ensure standardized and efficient warehouse management.
- Coordinates with program management regarding new programs to identify the warehouse design needs and requirements and ensure supply chain team supports those needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manages contractual agreements with logistics service providers to ensure alignment and effective services provision in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Oversees’ shipments movement in coordination with contracts department to ensure contractual agreements are met with regards to time and cost.
- Oversees material planning activities to ensure all needs and requirement are identified and ensure timely sourcing of materials and within budget limits.
- Coordinates with the client in identifying needs and requirements related to repair requests and spare parts specifications and follows up on major orders in order to ensure client satisfaction and timely delivery.
- Directs contract negotiation process with suppliers and vendors to ensure that AMMROC’s needs and requirements are met within best cost and quality effective way.
- Supports the commercial department in proposal development in order to provide effective technical, vendors and pricing recommendations that would serve the best interest of the organisation.
- Maintains an awareness of and adjusts as necessary, to internal and external market conditions that impact the delivery of services.
- Keeps abreast of and ensures executive management are aware of issues and concerns that impact AMMROC’s clients and employees, providing solutions to address identified issues.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Maximizes employee productiveness and performance through active leadership.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Maintains an effective network of internal and external stakeholders using the stated lines of communication through all available sources.
- Effectively prioritizes projects, ensuring critical issues are managed in order to ensure the services required by the company are delivered in the most effective manner.
- Communicates with the ELT on all customer concerns and requests.
- Oversees department budget and monitors financial performance
- Anticipates future costs and aligns with approved budget making cost reductions when necessary
- Uses cost comparison analysis when possible to ensure AMMROC receives best value for cost.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Communicates all approved operational procedures and instructions to the department and to all of AMMROC when required.
- Ensures the department operates within the legal and ethical guidelines for both Federal and International requirements.
- Attends all ELT meetings as function representative to provide consultancy and guidance on matters pertaining to the department.
- When necessary, liaises with other department VPs on matters affecting the AMMROC SCM system.
- Provides advice and contributes to the identification of opportunities to take part in internal control change initiatives, programs and projects that reflect international best practice and changes in the competitive environment.
- Ensures that accountabilities for the implementation of improvement opportunities are honored within the assigned deadlines
- Defines the optimal organization structure for the department in order to meet resource allocations.
- Ensure that the team is meeting the customer requirements in line with a safe and effective work environment.