Technical Librarian Specialist
To manage technical library including and not limited to compilation and sorting of maintenance manuals/records; remove or repair damaged manuals/records; register patrons; check materials ‘In & Out’ of the circulation process and ensure flow of information of any update on manuals, missing information and errors to all departments within the project.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum diploma in library science or equivalent
- Bachelor degree in library science or equivalent
- Professional certification in computer course
- Professional certification in library management software
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in technical library management in public/private sector organization
- Reserve, circulate, renew, archive and discharge all maintenance manuals/ records and other materials related to maintenance operations.
- Enter and update patrons' records on computers and users
- Guide patrons in finding and using library resources, including reference materials, audio-visual equipment, computers and other electronic resources.
- Coordinate with OEM’s to receive regular updates on maintenance manuals, procedures and check list
- Sort and perform regular updates on maintenance manuals, maintenance records, safety procedures, work cards, checklist, technical publications and other items according to procedure and return them to shelves, files or other designated storage areas
- Ensure flow of information of any update on manuals (including maintenance manuals, maintenance records, safety procedures, work cards, checklist, technical publications and other items), missing information and errors to all departments
- Retrieve information from maintenance information center for storage in library computer
- Verify bibliographical data for materials, including author, title, publisher, publication date and edition
- As assigned, accomplish safety and housekeeping checks of designated work areas.
- Operate and maintain audio-visual equipment such as projectors, tape recorders, videocassette recorders etc.
- Deliver monthly status reports.
- Adhere to safety, health and environmental procedures.