Team Leader, Finance
Work under guidance from senior Finance & Accounting management staff and be responsible for managing company-wide project finance and reporting. This position will be responsible for establishing standardized project reports for new and existing contracts in support of Review & Analysis meetings, project managers, and other stakeholders. This position manages and supervises staff assigned to this department, and is responsible for allocating tasks to individuals assigned to the department; and for completing staff performance appraisals and guiding staff towards completing personal and company objectives, in accordance with the Code of Conduct. In addition, the Manager, Project Finance & Reporting will be responsible for ensuring parent company reporting is accomplished through the use of departmental employees and resources.
Education and Qualifications
- BS degree in applicable area (business administration, finance, or accounting) required.
- 7-10 years of general finance/accounting business office experience, with emphasis on full cycle accounting required.
- Manage and ensure that all departmental deliverables including project reports, and financial reports to senior management and the parent company, are submitted within established due dates.
- Manage the upload of monthly financial data for consolidation, delegating the work as necessary within the department.
- Manage the reconciliation of intercompany balances and confirm reception of account information into Hyperion on a quarterly, semi-annual, and annual basis. Act as department point-of-contact (POC) on technical issues.
- Assist in the establishment and review of project finance policies and procedures.
- Manage staff assigned to ensure arithmetical accuracy of payments and all relevant attachments to UAE pension fund, providing guidance and oversight to resolve issues.
- Act as departmental POC for Project Finance & Reporting related issues.
- Develop and prepare the user guide for new reporting processes and policies. Recommend changes and revisions as required.
- Work with the Manager, General Ledger and Assistant Financial Controller to develop project accounts for new projects, ensuring that financial data is captured in a manner that facilitates project cost and/or customer reporting and invoicing.
- Assist as applicable in training new staff in the areas of Project Finance & Reporting.
- Special projects as required.
- Learn, understand, and comply with applicable ALTAIF-GMC safety and environmental directives. Participate in the development of a safe and healthy working environment.