Develops, implements and/or delivers technical training as it relates to the organization's products. Works with product development teams to update training materials and ensure accuracy and effectiveness of courseware and supporting materials to align with new product releases. May provide training to internal staff, e.g., customer services, engineers, sales staff, etc.
Education and Qualifications
- Associate Degree, or equivalent from a automotive or vocational school or Military training program in Wheeled Vehicle Maintenance is desired.
Qualifications and experience
- 2-4 years working on one or more of the following Military Wheeled Vehicles: HMMWV, KAMAZ, TATRA, M.A.N., MERCEDES, and a variety of civilian type SUV vehicles, after graduation from a school, or two years experience as a Military Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic is desired.
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of Systems Approach to Training (SAT).Knowledge and use of shop equipment, automated and manual.
Core behavioural competencies
- Organizing and Planning
- Analytical skills
- Priority & Time Management
- Attention to details
- Advises the Chief Instructor of on all course development, delivery functions, and student progress and their performance
- Has direct responsibility for the delivery of classroom and workshop training for all maintenance related subjects for the UAE Army.
- Utilize coaching and remedial training as required to ensure the highest possible student graduation rate and test scores.
- Serve as a Primary and Alternate instructor for workshop and classroom presentations.
- Practice time management in all facets of conducting training.
- Ensure all classroom equipment and training aids are present and serviceable prior to class presentation.
- Responsible for enforcing all safety and security rules, policies and directives.
- Ensure all equipment, supplies, and computers are maintained.
- As a Technical Affairs School representative, attend conferences, workshops, demonstrations, or training/educational programs as directed to stay abreast of current trends in training and training technology.
- Develop, maintain and continually improve instructional material (lesson plans, handouts, PowerPoint’s…) as part of a working team environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned as directed by the Chief Instructor.