Provides technical support to engineers and scientists in areas such as production, operations, maintenance, safety, testing, process improvement or product development. Uses schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions or defined plans to perform testing and troubleshooting on electronic or mechanical components, equipment or systems. Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data using established formulae and procedures, and performs detailed mathematical calculations.
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
Qualifications and experience
- 3-5 years’ previous experience supervising and performing the rebuild/overhaul of light or heavy duty gasoline and diesel engines is desired.
- Previous military experience or automotive training is a distinct advantage
- Previous experience using diagnostic testing equipment is desirable.
- Able to interpret complex mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical schematics Software applications
Core behavioural competencies
- Communication skills
- Coordination Skills
- Organizing and Planning
- Customer Service
- Inspect, troubleshoot, disassemble, rebuild, overhaul, and repair all types of vehicle engines.
- Perform technical inspections using diagnostic test equipment, special tools, and precision measuring instruments to determine the extent of repairs, machining needs, and repair parts requirements.
- Perform repair parts research using the manufacturer’s repair parts catalogue, and ensure that only the repair parts required are requisitioned in the appropriate quantities.
- Complete maintenance-related documentation such as work orders, repair parts request forms, and technical data sheets.
- Record maintenance-related data such as work accomplished, hours associated with accomplishing work, repair parts requirements, and vehicle-specific information.
- Dispose of all hazardous materials in accordance with applicable directives and host country environmental regulations.
- Ensure all issued tools, uniforms, and personal protective equipment (PPE) are accounted for, maintained, and secured.
- Ensure all residual serviceable repair parts are returned to the workshop store.
- • Learn, understand, and comply with applicable EDIC-GMC safety and environmental directives. Participate in the development of a safe and healthy working environment..