Designs, develops and implements the organization's audit programs, controls and cost-effective approaches to minimize the organization's risks effects. Reviews, evaluates, develops, implements, maintains and verifies internal and business controls for processes, systems, financial statements, journals and reports in accordance with internal auditing and government-mandated standards. Identifies internal control gaps in business procedures, processes or systems, and initiates appropriate remedial action. Identifies and analyzes potential sources of loss to minimize risk and estimates the potential financial consequences of an occurring loss.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is required; and.
- ISO 9001 Auditor Certification is required; Lead Audit Certification is preferred.
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum of three years of experience in a role with assigned responsibility for quality auditing is required.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a multi-skilled specialist auditor in a technical field is preferred.
- Certified as an ISO auditor;
- A strong understanding of quality management systems and basic knowledge of audit procedures;
- Able to assess procedures and processes for compliance with ISO 9001, and ISO 17025 standards;
- Excellence in producing trend analysis reports;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs;
- Knowledge in the implementation of auditing procedures;
- Able to produce clear, concise written technical reports; and
Core behavioural competencies
- Organizing and Planning
- Demonstrated strong work ethic;
- Strong attention to detail, organized with excellent analytical skills.
- Customer Service
- Attention to details
• Execute the approved audit plan and conduct scheduled internal audits in a timely manner;
• Conduct special audits when necessary;
• Prepare audit checklists to include requirements that reflect operations;
• Document internal audit findings and prepare recommended corrective action(s) where required in order to correct non-conformances;
• Prepare the minutes of meetings for internal audits and distribute to the auditees;
• Maintain the status of, follow up/track, and verify corrective actions, preventive actions, and opportunities for improvement through to completion in a timely manner;
• Maintain and update CAR and OFI logs;
• Maintain internal audit report including audit evidence records;
• Assist with the preparation of external audits;
• Assist with creating trend analysis reports of internal audit processes;
• Maintain the confidentiality and security of information in relation to internal and external audit findings; and
• Learn, understand, and comply with applicable AL TAIF-GMC safety and environmental directives. Participate in the development of a safe and healthy working environment.
• Perform other duties as required.