Assembly Shop Manager
Direct and lead the employees in the assembly shop to meet the specific goals established for their area that correspond to the overall company objectives. The goals will be achieved by focusing on process, quality, costs and safety. Supervise and coordinate the work for assembly shop while focusing on continuous improvement.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Production).
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certification preferred.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 5-8 Years of relevant experience.
- Significant previous experience in General Assembly Shop for automotive sector.
- Knowledge of quality requirements.
- Experience in leading project teams for new product launch in Automotive Industry.
- Thorough knowledge of the development process and all related activities.
- Ability to comprehend engineering drawings
- Good analytical abilities.
- Good communication skills.
- Good cross functional working skills.
- Experience in handling teams.
- Good knowledge of overall production processes and logistics flows.
- Carry out vehicle assembly activities using the approved Engineering Drawings.
- Develop assembly process and analyze cycle time (Takt time).
- Establish priorities and effectively manage team’s time to complete duties/projects within required time.
- Coordinate production activity in order to meet safety, quality criteria and productivity across the production floor.
- Responsible of managing every aspect regarding productivity for the assembly shop by:
- Respecting the established cycle time.
- Improving and increase efficiency regarding standard work, problem solving, etc.
- Responsible of managing every aspect regarding productivity by respecting the established processes in all areas and improving the material flow throughout the plant.
- Establish a solid plan to reduce on a constant basis the utilization of raw material.
- Implement Quality Management System process in all activities/duties carried out.
- Provide resources to implement and sustain health & safety activities.
- Conduct thorough review of manpower resources on a weekly basis in order to ensure meeting the production schedules established.
- Responsible to improve the processes of assembly shop floor.
- Responsible to deliver the performance across assembly shop floor.
- Coordinate requests made by support functions in order to establish priorities within production assembly team.
- Assist with budget planning and implementing improvement; and implement corrective actions as necessary in order to achieve assembly shop operational KPI’s.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Provide feedback on assembly equipment’s performance.
- Carry out assembly quality analysis, including EOL (end of line).
- Carry out required quality improvement measures.
- Project management for new work within assembly shop, and carry out training as required.