Technician, Supply and Material
Performs supply chain and logistics functions, which may include, but are not limited to, material procurement, inventory control, outsourcing, vendor selection, and distribution. Promotes alignment by understanding and communicating customer needs and requirements throughout the organisation. Negotiates favourable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers, and prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of goods, services and supplies for customer-related business processes. Manages the bidding process from initial contact through to contract signing, but excluding the ongoing account management once the contract has been signed. Manages the preparation of bids and tenders with particular emphasis on establishing the organisation's trading terms. Identifies and manages appropriate resources and team support to develop package and price custom solutions.
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma is mandatory; higher diploma or bachelor’s degree is preferred..
Qualifications and experience
- 3 years’ experience working in the warehousing of repair parts and materials is required.
- MAXIMO experience is highly desired.
- Prior military or automotive industry experience is preferred.
- Property Management
- MS Office Applications
Core behavioural competencies
- Communication skills
- Coordination Skills
- Organizing and Planning
- Customer Service
Interface between Supervisor, Inventory Control and assigned Clerk, Inventory Control.
• Oversee assigned personnel; implement and comply with all Supply Department and warehousing directives.
• Plan daily actions for Inventory Count Teams in support of timely execution of annual cycle count including location surveys and physical inventory counts; maintain document control.
• Coordinate transportation and use of Material Handling Equipment (MHE) within stores visited by count teams. Inform and involve Supervisor, Inventory Control when obstacles are encountered to performing timely inventory counts.
• Coordinate initial on-site resolution of inventory discrepancies encountered during cycle counts.
• Validate the accuracy of spares transferred between stores to ensure timely warehouse locations.
• Support and drive initiatives to improve and ensure inventory accuracy at high levels.
• Prepare input for the monthly inventory and reconciliation reports.
• Train assigned personnel to correctly perform inventory processes and procedures; spot-check clerk actions and provide coaching and counseling as appropriate. Provide input to annual performance appraisal.
• Report any variances to established inventory control procedures to Supervisor, Inventory Control.
• Communicate effectively with individuals at all levels and be a team player.
• Able to multi-task and work in fast-paced warehouse environment.
• Comply with safety, security, and other company directives.
• Learn, understand, and comply with applicable EDIC-GMC safety and environmental directives. Participate in the development of a safe and healthy working environment.