Occupational Health and Safety
To co-ordinate, support and advise ADASI on all aspects with regards to Occupational Health and Safety.
To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with ADASI’s Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Management System are adhered to.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics or equivalent field.
- Minimum 3-5 years recent and relevant experience in similar role.
- At least 5-8 years of overall experience in preferably an Aerospace/Construction/Oil and Gas environments.
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or working towards NEBOSH certificate accreditation, desirable NEBOSH Diploma.
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate.
- Member of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) trained.
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising OH&S policies and procedures, training and working knowledge in OHSAS 18001 OH&S Management System.
- Communication skills.
- Proactive behaviour.
- Cultural awareness.
- Attention to detail.
- Cross functional cooperation.
- Working well under pressure.
- Time management.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Data management and PC skills.
- Document/report drafting skills.
- Active participation in investigations and audits.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all ADASI OH&S policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure that ADASI meets it statutory and regulatory obligations in all areas pertaining to occupational health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory and regulatory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents, and near misses, are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate the development of OH&S policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure that full and accurate OH&S and training records are maintained.
- Establish a full program of documented OH&S inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured program of OH&S training throughout ADASI.
- Liaise with external OH&S consultants in the provision of training programs and services.
- Manage and devise the agenda for OH&S Committee Meetings and formulate and distribute meeting minutes. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant OH&S and welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes within ADASI.
- Provide regular reports to the Senior Quality Manager and the ADASI Senior Management Team on relevant OH&S activities.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant OH&S matters.
- Perform any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.