The Manager- QHSE is responsible for developing and managing QHSE management systems, policies and processes in compliance with industrial, government and international standards across all departments. He is the point of contact for all QHSE matters and is responsible for implementation and auditing to achieve compliance in accordance to QHSE standards. Coordinating and liaising with UAE government OHSE organisations for their requirements and implementing the same.
Education and Qualifications
- Post Graduate Degree in Business Administration or equivalent from an internationally recognised university
- Certification in HSE and Quality is an added asset.
- 12 years’ experience in a similar position with at least 5 years in a senior management role in a major public sector or private-sector organisation in the GCC region.
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of shipbuilding and ship maintenance and repair industry
- Knowledge of classification society rules
- Knowledge of industry standards
- Knowledge of ISO standards
- Knowledge of OHSAS standards
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Achievement orientation
- Problem solving skills
- Customer service orientation
- Communication and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiations skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Manages the effective cascading of the departmental strategy into business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies
- Plans day to day activities and optimizes resources and time to meet client / customer expectations.
- Coordinates with his team and timely provision of related report / progress
QHSE Management System:
- Responsible for the development of ADSB’s quality, OHSE management system including quality measures, standards and processes in order to ensure compliance with international certification requirements aligned to leading practices in the field and meting ADSB’s objectives and targets
- Ensures that all ADSB operations, processes and products / services align to the established quality management system in order to meet quality standards set by ADSB and customers
- Accountable for ADSB’s certifications related to ISO 9001, ISO 45001, ISO 14001, OSHAD and ensures all activities are effectively planned, coordinated and implemented to maintain the certification including preparing and closing previous audit action plans, on-site visits of classification society, re-certification audits, etc.
Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
- Accountable for appropriate hazard and incident investigation
- Responsible for effective implementation of risk management program and emergency procedures
- Responsible for aspects of QHSE at work and will be accountable for non-compliance of his obligation
- Accountable for compliance to all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management procedures and controls across the department to guarantee employee safety, compliance, delivery of high quality service and with a responsible environmental attitude
- Responsible for UAE laws and regulations applicable to ADSB
- Ensures compliance to all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management procedures and controls across the department to guarantee employee safety, compliance, delivery of high quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensures ADSB’s effective participation in all categories of the Emirates awards as well as other as applicable awards through completing all processes, fulfilling conditions, implementing excellence standards and associated initiatives, and preparing program participation applications on a yearly basis.
- Keeps abreast of local, regional and global reports and researches on organizational quality, excellence and OHSE to keep pace with the developments, and updates and ensures ADSB’s activities is in line with trends and developments.
- Provides guidance and professional advice across ADSB by facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards in line with the standards and requirements.
- Provides necessary quality and OHSE training and awareness sessions to managers and employees across ADSB to ensure compliance with quality standards as well as health and safety requirements.
- Maintains liaison with relevant external parties to ensure smooth flow of activities and information, and facilitates the implementation of external audits.
- Maintains coordination within QHSE, internal departments and sections in order to ensure smooth flow of activities as per agreed standards, schedules and objectives
- Manages the department staff by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, training and development to ensure high level of engagement and motivated work environment.
Human Capital Management
- Manages the effective achievement of objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing staff and providing formal and informal feedback in order to maximize overall performance and team motivation.
Budgets and Plan
- Oversees, consolidates & recommend the departmental budgets and monitors financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/ revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and potential areas of cost reduction or performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
- Motivates subordinates and identify opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account international leading practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement. Delegate’s authority to subordinates as part of Development.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Develops and oversees the implementation of departmental policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of department activity so that all relevant procedural/ legislative requirements and standards are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective product/ service in a consistent manner.
- Ensures that quality and HSE reports are completed timely and comply with international principles of corporate governance and standards, and ADSB policies and standards.