Responsible for negotiation and drafting of contracts, including, customer and supplier agreements; master supply agreements, non-disclosure agreements; joint development agreements: licensing agreements and employment contracts. This position will also liaise with legal business partners in clusters and entities on a variety of business law issues. Responsible for certain corporate and transaction matters, including capital markets and commercial transactions. Work with entities on a wide variety of corporate and commercial matters.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in law
- LLM or equivalent is preferred
Qualifications and experience
- Admitted to a recognized bar
- A minimum of 10 years of legal experience in relevant organization
- Strong understanding of legal requirements of UAE companies
- Knowledge of legal systems of UAE
- Strong negotiation skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Knowledge of corporate structures
- Deal structuring to cater for commercial needs of multiple parties
- Understanding of legal ethics
- Understanding of property rights and laws, contract negotiations, and corporate law
- Proficiency in Arabic and English languages
Core behavioural competencies
- Leverages business & strategic mindset
- Ensures disciplined execution
- Applies legal acumen
- Drives and delivers result
- Manages conflict
- Engages and inspires
- Builds partnerships & alignment
- Builds & develops talent
- Demonstrates learning agility
Demonstrates situational adaptability
Strategic (EDGE Level):
- Build relationships with commercial colleagues and embed awareness of legal risk management and corporate policy issues.
- Provide legal support on a range of other legal matters.
- Develop legal precedents in line with legal, regulatory and corporate environment.
- Support team/management on legal priorities and objectives within the business.
- Undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- Ensure that legal and commercial risks are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and, when necessary.
- Contract Negotiation - Provide support to management/professional employees & the Legal department in the negotiation of less complex contracts. Develop contract documentation that meets corporate requirements whilst complying with all relevant local practice & legislation.
- Knowledge Management - Develop and deliver appropriate training and education programmes to support the business in maintaining legality & avoiding potential pitfalls.
- Advisory Function - Provide appropriate legal advice & support to all clusters and entities on diverse types of issues to ensure legality & consistency of approach. Identifying, monitoring and managing legal risks affecting EDGE’s businesses and advising commercial colleagues on the impact of those risks and measures to mitigate them
- Business Opportunities - Proactively identify potential changes in business practices and indicate specific risks or the opportunities for the business.
Support complex projects by providing expertise on the most effective legal solution.