Specialist, International Sales
Responsible for ensuring efficient and profitable operations in International sales through maximizing profitability through sale of product, parts, materials and ancillary services, and ensuring customer expectations are being managed effectively.
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma in Business Administration/Marketing/Sales or related field.
- Bachelor Degree in related field is preferred.
Qualifications and experience:
- 5 years of experience in Sales Support/Customer Service - Ideally in defence Industry.
- Excellent Analytical Skills including processing large amounts of operating and sales data from a variety of sources to support decision making.
- Project management skills.
- Good communication in English. Arabic is preferred.
- Requires full proficiency gained through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience to perform a range of tasks
- Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions
- Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data
- Completes work with a limited degree of supervision
- Likely to act as an informal resource for colleague with less experience
- Requires a broad understanding of the job and applies skills and knowledge in a range of processes, procedures and systems or requires deep skills in a single area
- Understands how the team integrates with others to accomplish team objectives
- May act as an informal resource for team members with less experience
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on practice and existing precedents or procedures
- Impacts the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the team; uses discretion to modify work practices and processes to achieve results or improve efficiency
- Explains detailed and/or complicated information within the team
- The Specialist, International Sales is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing all activities, go-to-market strategy including product management, sales, marketing, and commercial strategy needed to meet Caracal’s revenue targets.
- Provide effective leadership to advance a fully integrated product development, marketing and sales effort to efficiently achieve the maximum commercial potential.
- Create and implement a marketing and PR strategy and plan for specific areas of business as and when launched
- Set the commercial strategy and ensure implementation, success of initiatives, processes, incentives and resources required to deliver the desired in-market results.
- Responsible for the development of the Caracal commercial business unit, recruitment of people and the instigation of critical process and best practice activities.
- Drive all new business development activities with market, customer and competitor research and support for promotional events.
- Ensure key account management is maximizing existing customer revenues. Ensure Sales and Marketing is fully supported by Product Management and that all processes are in place to ensure sales are driven through pipeline and customer expectations are exceeded, directly assisting with proposals, pricing and negotiating to close such that the sales plan is met or exceeded.
- Track and monitor all sales opportunities, budgets, forecasting, ordering, pricing, delivery milestones. Develop and manage channel partner program and assist in developing new relationships and partnerships. Provide mentoring, coaching and engage in knowledge transfer to build technical sales team competence and effectiveness.
- Responsible for defining marketing strategy and objectives including research, identification and segmentation of target market.
- Ensure a clear strategic product roadmap and ongoing roadmap management functions are established and the product management team is focused on supporting sales and marketing through the delivery of exceptional technical solutions and by development of supporting product management documentation, including, product presentations, customer business cases, ROI models, customer evaluations providing use cases, product pricing & product support models and product marketing collateral.
- Working with project managers to ensure successful delivery of product and service solutions. Ensuring that the highest level of customer support is maintained and that each delivery is fully evaluated with the customer;
- Identify strategic and commercial opportunities and risks, advising the CEO and Board on the appropriate course of action.
- Responsible for driving a performance focused culture across the business with specific focus on delivery (as per time, cost and quality values) in particular driving efficiency and performance across the sales lifecycle and product management.
- Support the CEO with excellent commercial reporting including a risk register, strategic planning assistance and support on special projects as required;
- Direct short-term and long-term resource planning to ensure business strategic goals are appropriately resourced in line with the agreed budget.
- Implement and maintain interface between business units and finance to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency. Ensure that all costs are allocated and tracked on project basis. Manage and oversee all financial and business planning activities for commercial, including tracking and budgeting process for each of the business units, up-to-date P&L and sales pipeline estimations; and
- Undertake research on potential products, country risks, potential partners, industry etc…