Warehouse Team Leader
Responsible for fixed assets, financial audit controls, parts inventory and customer satisfaction for all markets (domestic and international). The incumbent will be a able to clearly communicate and implement process changes that lead to the elimination of waste and improve overall operational efficiency.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration / Supply Management/ Engineering.
- CPIM, CPM, Lean or Six Sigma certification is preferred.
- Forklift certification is preferred.
Qualifications and experience:
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- Supervises the daily activities of support or production team members.
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors.
- Problem solving is guided by policies and procedures; receives guidance and oversight from manager.
- Does not typically perform the work supervised.
- Applies operational business practices and coordinates with other closely related areas to improve efficiency.
- Has formal supervisory responsibilities; coordinates resources and sets daily priorities to meet operational objectives
- Uses judgment to identify, troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day technical and operational problems.
- Guided by policies and procedures, impacts the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team and its contribution to the department.
- Explains information, conveys performance expectations and handles sensitive issues.
- Supervises the warehouse operations to ensure maximum efficiency and space utilization.
- Inspects and documents all incoming and outbound materials.
- Integrates the flow of goods, services, and information between warehouse/supplier with production.
- Ensures that customer service and time objectives are achieved within existing financial constraints in order to meet marketing and financial objectives.
- Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes, such as the replenishment system, data interchange systems, demand management, electronic data systems administration and related functions.
- Builds relationships with operations through logistics initiatives.
- Integrates learning from operations, competitors, operating entities, distribution, transportation, customer service, other industries, industry groups, and professional training to continuously improve competitive position.
- Schedules and assigns warehouse employees and equipment to meet schedules to handle daily volume efficiently.
- Designs, monitors, and maintains a safe working environment through compliance of safety programs.
- Manages the Caracal strategic logistics operations to ensure the most cost effective shipping of goods to Caracal.
- Controls warehouse inventory levels and space to ensure smooth operations.
- Coordinates the scheduling of deliveries for shipment of product to ensure the timely filling of all orders;
- Plans and supervises the physical, monthly inventories, sharing the findings with other staff members to resolve discrepancies.
- Coordinates all Caracal equipment, vehicle and facility repairs with outside vendors.
- Manages Caracal register of Caracal owned tooling in supplies.