Generalist, Human Capital
Responsible in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations. Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements. Responsible in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs. Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole, and to improve employee experience. Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field
- Additional HR training or experience is a plus
- Knowledge of ERP HR packages and internal control procedures.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating and change management.
- Knowledge of Labour & Immigration laws pertaining to UAE
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- Understanding and awareness of key business functions, policies, procedures and processes
- Knowledge and awareness of the organization's HR policies and procedures
- Knowledge of HR standards
- Must possess strong problem solving, leadership and analytical skills.
- Planning and organizing
- Accountability, Attitudes and Ethics
- Must be able to multi-tasking in a fast pace, high volume, environment
- Team player
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in MS Office
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire on boarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience
- Handle all administrative tasks for on boarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters
- Be the primary backup for payroll processing, including; bi-weekly and semi-monthly updates to employee files, bonus/incentive pay, tracking vacation/sick pay, importing expense reimbursements, inputting exceptions, hourly employee validations, and benefit changes
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and up keep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
- Assist with recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Investigates complaints brought forward by employees.
- Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
- Perform orientations/trainings and update records of new staff.
- Manage the organization's employee database and prepare reports.
- Produce and submit reports on general HC activity.
- Prepare and review employee’s job description and ensure the accuracy of its contents.
- Assist with budget monitoring and payroll.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
- Design and implement programs for performance management, leadership development, employee assessment, and succession planning.