Logistics Team Leader
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
CLOSES ON: 2020-02-26
Department: Supply Chain Management
Direct reports: Supply Chain Manager
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Supervises and coordinates activities of shipping and receiving with emphasis on accuracy, timeliness, and services to ensure the supply chain flows smoothly.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration / Supply Management/ Engineering, MBA is preferred
- CPIM, CPM, Lean or Six Sigma certification preferred.
Qualifications and experience
- 5-7 years of experience in relevant field.
- Knowledge of working with freight forwarders for shipment.
- Should have experience working with Shipping, Handling formalities and Customs regulations.
- Knowledge of inventory management systems
- Forklift certification a plus
- Technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation and tracking opportunities.
- Knowledge of inventory management.
- Requires advanced skills and expertise in a variety of work processes or activities.
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Planning and organizing
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Time Management
- Responsible for maintaining a record of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors. Signing payment vouchers.
- Arranges transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure material is delivered as per schedule.
- Design and develop standard operating methods to manage logistics operations efficiently.
- Ensure accountable, timely and cost-effective release of peacekeeping cargos along with personnel.
- Develop and execute logistics support policy, processes and methodologies to general benefit of all units.
- Develop reports on material and personnel movements and various operational logistics problems.
- Handling orders, making negotiation follow up deliveries, prepare delivery documents.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of logistic activities and team’s performance.
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area.
- Responds to routine internal and customer inquiries on delivery times and the status of shipments and orders so that inquiries are dealt with promptly and accurately.
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports.
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices.
- Effective and efficient coordination with other departments.
- Ensure that the inbound and outbound movement of goods are executed smoothly, quickly, and accurately.