Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
CLOSES ON: 2020-02-26
Department: Supply Chain
Direct reports: Supply Chain Manager
Reports to: Lead Packer
Receive, inspect, store, dispatch, track, and replenish store / warehouse items while ensuring compliance with the organization's internal policies, procedures, and guidelines as well as the relevant UAE's laws and regulations.
Education and Qualifications
- High school / Diploma in a relevant discipline
- Qualifications and experience
- 2+ Years of relevant experience
- Experience in receiving, storing, shipping, and issuing stores and/or material items.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of storekeeping; purchasing rules and regulations; and the ability to plan, establish and maintain storekeeping systems.
- Key skills
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to deal with work-related deadlines, accountabilities and responsibilities
- Must be able to work under frequent job pressure generated by short and inflexible deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and under time constraints
- Technical competencies
- Understanding and awareness of key business functions, policies, procedures, and processes
- Knowledge of store / warehouse management principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of inventory management principles
- Ability to operate store / warehouse equipment (e.g. forklifts, weighing scales, wrapping machines, crew bars, etc.)
- Ability to use the ORACLE Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) system [store / warehouse module]
- Computer literacy
- English language skills (Oral and written)
- Checking, packing, and unloading deliveries safely in the correct areas.
- Receiving incoming materials, supplies and equipment from vendors or from the storeroom;
- Checking item received against delivery tags and signs for proper number of cartons;
- Carries or trucks items received to the proper storage locations
- Enters records of stocks received and issued; fills requisitions on storeroom; assists in taking periodic inventories of supplies on hand in storeroom or warehouse; maintains order and cleanliness in storeroom.
- Store / Warehouse management (e.g. receipt, inspection, storage, dispatching, tracking, and replenishment of store / warehouse items)
- Preparation and archiving of documents (including reports, etc.)