Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
CLOSES ON: 2020-02-26
Department: Finance and Corporate Services
Direct reports: 3
Reports to: General Legal Counsel
To provide support to the Legal Department to assist in the achievement of its departmental objectives in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
Law degree, preferably from a western jurisdiction.
- Minimum one (1) year in-house experience.
- Minimum two (2) years private practice experience at a reputable law firm.
- Local/regional experience desirable but not mandatory.
- Correspondence (under the supervision of a Senior Lawyer):
- Review and draft legal correspondence and memos.
- Review and draft external communication and legal documentation.
- Review advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal requirements and internal policies.
- Legal Function:
- Review and draft legal contracts and documents.
- Undertake legal research and prepare reports.
- Prepare letters, memos and presentations as required.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assist in drafting precedents.
- Prepare reports setting out the status of legal matters as directed.
- Legal Knowledge:
- Assist in identifying issues and developing solutions in order to address legal issues and risks.
- Proactively recommend policies to improve current department processes and procedures.
- Document Control and Management:
- Maintain detailed notes of internal and external communications.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive document and file management control.
- Maintain department registers in accordance with the internal policies and procedures.
- Undertake administrative matters as required by the department.
- Ensure General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel are kept abreast of all matters and copied into email correspondence.
- Undertake such other legal tasks as directed by the Legal Department from time to time.
- Assist with ADASI’s company secretarial duties.
- Attention to detail.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic.
- Working well under pressure.
- Cross functional cooperation.
- Time management.
- Communication skills.
- Document/report drafting skills.
- Experience working with relevant government agencies and authorities.
- Data management and PC skills.
- Proficient in English and Arabic.
- Basic awareness of the UAE legal systems, in particular, UAE Companies Law, UAE Civil Code, UAE Commercial Code and UAE Labour Law.
- Basic awareness of export control.
- Basic awareness of intellectual property law and concepts.
- Regulatory experience desirable.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills.