To conduct UAV flight operations to support range and land surveys and other mission objectives as per the project requirements in accordance with operational & safety procedures and legislative requirements
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum bachelor degree in aeronautics or equivalent
- UAV Pilot Certification
- Minimum 5 years’ UAV pilot experience in public/private sector organization
- Experience as UAV Pilot in public/private sector defense engineering organization
- Conduct mission planning meetings with Technical Lead, Project Management and customers including flight planning; execution and briefing; debriefing and safety.
- Develop flight plans, check any notices of potential flight hazards filed with the FAA, re-checking weather conditions, and coordinate airspace integration with any affected controlling agencies or owners of private property.
- Launch and pilot UAV to support range and land surveys and other mission objectives as per the project requirements.
- Acquire data and as per project requirements and report the deliverable
- Perform pre-flight, in-flight and post-flight checks and procedures.
- Complete safety risk assessments prior to flight and after action reviews post-flight.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair UAV in the field.
- Ensure safety standards and practices of safe flying during on-site assignments
- Develop technical reports and documentation, as required
- Adhere to HSE (health, safety and environment) and environmental procedures.