Project Procurement Specialist
To manage the commercial aspect of project related to contracts & agreements based on supply chain management, best practices and strategic procurement principals. Perform project vendor management & negotiations; liaison with Finance and Project Manager on financial issues and carryout duties as the lead member of procurement in tender committee, as and when applicable.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in business, supply chain or business analytics
- MBA or MSC in supply chain management
- Project management related discipline
- Minimum 3 years Project/tender management and/or supply chain in supervisory/managerial level
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in supply chain management
- Be an integral part in customer contract evaluation and relevant supplier contact from the inception and offer commercial inputs.
- Establish a comprehensive project procurement/supply chain management plan in liaison with the Project Manager that is align with supply industry best practices strategic procurement in line with company polices
- Carryout studies on the risks associated in each stage of supply chain management cycle in projects, including the integration projects outside
- Manage all aspects of project related suppliers such as pre-qualification, risks, compliance, NDA along with the support of pre-qualification officer
- Liaison with suppliers and Project Manager to schedule meetings and demos, obtain proposals, get questions answered and facilitate the contracting process
- Provide, support and advice to procurement officers and pre-qualification officer on project procurement plans, market information, risks, negotiations, supplier management, sourcing and logistics
- Manage offers including, deciding on the evaluation methodology and conducting extensive negotiations, as requested to decide on the “Best and Final Offer (BAFO)
- Ensure that all supplier deliveries and contract deliveries are met well within stipulated time and the quality of supply/service are meet/exceed all specified levels
- Coordinate with the Project Manager and customer representatives on logistics, documentation, approvals, after sales support and customer inventories
- Liaise with Finance and Project Manager supplier invoice clearance & payment and customer payments
- Prepare weekly email updates, progress status reports, face to face meetings and management reports as appropriate in liaison with the Project Manager.