Supply Chain Director
The incumbent will be responsible for creating and maintaining business process to produce a world-class, strategic sourcing, purchasing, planning, and supply chain capability, leveraging the procurement power and manufacturing capabilities of NIMR and its business partners. Planning, coordinating and administering the strategic goals of NIMR and supply chain procurement services in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration / Supply Management/ Engineering, MBA is preferred
- CPIM, CPM, or Six Sigma certification preferred
Qualifications and experience
- 15+ Years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities
- Responsible for driving substantial cost saving, process improvement and compliance (governance) related to procurement and supply chain management activities in the direct and in the indirect domains;
- Develop a vendor assessment and scorecard system, establish QBRs with key vendors, and negotiate best volume pricing;
- Utilizing best practices in Strategic Sourcing to optimize the total cost of ownership for NIMR. The total cost of ownership will include consideration of life cycle cost, logistics, security of supply, supplier performance, business continuity and regulatory compliance and constraints;
- Actively develop and manage supplier relationships to align with NIMR strategic sourcing objectives while minimizing financial and business continuity risk;
- Facilitate communications and supplier access to Senior Management staff as necessary to support strategic business objectives. Consult with other Procurement Departments to identify synergies that will ensure maximum effectiveness of strategic purchasing initiatives;
- Identify and select source of assigned raw materials/ goods & services, negotiate all elements (price, quantity, quality, services, and delivery) of transactions and develop and manage the resulting contract.
- Develop and implement formal strategic sourcing plans for designated spend categories to support business goals and objectives.
- Employ risk management strategies to ensure business continuity objectives are met.
- Supervise subordinates, complete employee evaluations, plan and arrange for staff development and training, resolve employee problems and disciplinary issues. Consult with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Participate as an active member of the strategic management team for the Business Group. Provide the Management Team with analysis on the impact of price/volume and availability on purchasing/business decisions.
- Consult with Business Group, R&D, Manufacturing and Process Technology to provide metrics information and insight regarding the competition, potential entrants, pricing initiatives and quality, service, price and distribution issues.
- Improve processes for more efficiently moving goods through the supply chain, including improvements in warehouse and logistics processes;
- Directs and manages the control of all supplies and services from acquisitions to disposition; and
- Manage the division’s transportation logistics to ensure distribution of products direct to customers, or through distribution centers / warehouses are completed with optimum service at the most efficient cost;
- Identify and formulate project procurement strategies.
- Maintain and update all commercial bill of material for all NIMR platforms
- Support corporate Emiratization initiatives in recruitment & development.