To ensure the project cost is within the budget, revenues are recognized as per delivery schedule, certificates are submitted to customer on time, payments are claimed against the customer LC, preparation of project progress reports, reduction or cancellation of guarantees.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- CPA, CMA, CA
- Master degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience in public/private sector organizations
- Experience of accounting in public/private sector project based defense engineering organizations
- Track project progress as per the milestone, provide details of total revenue recognized, Unbilled revenue, Collection status etc., and update other team members and project team on the projects, as and when needed
- Verify the customer certificates for all the projects before submission to customer and ensure there are no errors as per contracts and Letter of credit.
- Prepare documents for submission to bank for claiming Letter of Credit payment
- Follow up on the revenue to be achieved as per the budget with the project managers and collect all the documents needed for creation of revenue recognition events.
- Collection and follow-up, i.e. follow up on the signed customer certificates for revenue recognized and not billed
- Prepare reports to PM for the PTD revenue recognized, YTD Revenue Recognized, Unbilled revenue, reports to PM on the actual vs budgeted revenue status.
- Prepare working for the reduction of advance payment guarantee and performance guarantee, draft letter to customer. Coordinate with contracts for submission of the letter to customer and follow up on reduction.
- Verify project invoices against the contract documentation and accounting of the same.