To lead and provide the expertise required by the Electronics Section for the development of microelectronics and power electronics equipment including, but not limited to, flight control computers, navigation sensors, power supplies, energy storage for autonomous systems applications.
Education and Qualifications
- B.Sc. in Electrical, Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent preferably followed by an M.Sc.
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading the development of safety critical avionics and flight control hardware and firmware and applying system-engineering best practice, of which minimum 5 years in developing power electronics or digital and analog circuitry equipment for industrial and aerospace applications.
- Preferably be recognized by a reputable international engineering Institute such as the IEEE and/or INCOSE at Senior Member seniority level.
- Expert knowledge with system engineering processes and the ARP- 4754 standard and the V model for product development and in developing system requirement documents, component specifications and interface documents using MIL-STD 961D.
- Expert knowledge with development of safety critical electronics equipment according to DO-254 standard.
- Demonstrate an Expertise of avionics systems and subsystems such as, propulsion, electrical, communication, navigation and flight control subsystems.
- Expertise with analog/digital circuit design rules and test.
- Working knowledge with power electronics design techniques and test.
- Skills with CAD tools such as Pspices or equivalent circuit simulation tool and Altium schematic modeling and PCB layout.
- Expertise in developing products using MIL-STD such as MIL_STD-810, MIL_STD-461. MIL-STD-710.
- Cross functional cooperation.
- Analytical skills.
- Time management.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic.
- People management.
- Working well under pressure.
- Leading Others.
- Innovation Skills.
- Cultural Awareness.
- To provide technical expertise in hardware electronics during the product life cycle of avionics products.
- To follow the development V model and the proper system engineering guidelines during the development of safety and non-safety critical systems/subsystems or equipment.
- To Support program milestones and major reviews are (such as Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR) and Test Readiness Reviews (TRR).
- To develop design and production data packs and secure intellectual property rights as they relate to UAS electronics equipment.
- To provide technical expertise in the following areas and activities to develop the optimum solutions:
- Load analysis, to identify the power sources, to capture the loads power requirements and to simulate the electrical power systems using tools such as PsPice or LTSpice.
- Specification, analysis, design, test and development of electrical power generation, conditioning and management systems solutions, Energy storage and management solutions all in compliance with the applicable electrical, EMI/EMC and environmental and safety norms and standards.
- Simulation of COTS power supplies using PsPice and to develop prototype boards to test the COTS power supplies.
- Specification, analysis, design and test of microelectronics hardware (Analog/Digital) circuitry and firmware (CPLD/FPGA) for safety critical equipment.
- In PCB design for both Power electronics and microelectronics (digital/analog) circuit.
- Thermal and environmental issues associated with electronic circuitry and through awareness of the various relevant Military standards.
- To follow the V model for product development and to apply ARP- 4754, DO -178B and DO-254 guideline for system engineering and safety respectively.
- To follow the MIL-STD 961D standard for developing subsystem technical specification.
- To support and contribute to program milestones and major reviews (such as various SDR, PDR, CDR, TRR .etc.).
- To comply with established ADASI software development, quality assurance and configuration management guidelines and processes.
- To comply with company statutory requirements, rules and safety requirements.
- See the support the company certification process.
- Provide mentor ship to junior engineers (analyst) and follow ADASI internal guideline and processes.