Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
CLOSES ON: 2020-02-26
Department: Operations- ALH 2A-2
Direct reports: NA
Reports to: Head of Aircraft Modification
To perform test flights; check aircraft proficiency upon completion of system integration activities and determine in accordance with publications and procedures the airworthiness of aircraft prior to release for flight.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum bachelor degree in aeronautics or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ Flight Test Pilot experience in public/private sector organization
- 2500 hours PIC total time.
- 1500 hours PIC turbine aircraft time
- Experience of ‘Flight Test Pilot’ in public/private sector defense engineering organization
- FAA Commercial multi-engine land with instrument rating, FAA ATP
- Conduct flight test planning meetings with Head of Aircraft Maintenance and customers, including flight planning; execution and briefing; debriefing and safety.
- Develop flight schedules, check any notices of potential flight hazards filed with the FAA, re-checking weather conditions, and coordinate airspace integration with any affected controlling agencies
- Perform pre-flight check on assigned aircraft to determine the integration activities carried out and ascertain whether the aircraft is configured properly for flight test.
- Launch and pilot the flight, perform ‘In-Flight’ check and acquire test data.
- Perform ‘Post-Flight’ checks and procedures.
- Analyze the flight data; deliver test results and issues airworthiness certificate
- Complete safety risk assessments prior to flight and after action reviews post-flight.
- Ensure safety standards and practices of safe flying
- Develop technical reports and documentation, as required
- Adhere to HSE (health, safety and environment) and environmental procedures.