Deputy VP- Business Development
To identify and translate market opportunities into actionable recommendations that enable EARTH to drive incremental revenue and diversify its business/investment portfolio. Develop and implement strategies which shape future business delivery and provide the best possible service and information to stakeholders.
Education and Qualifications
Minimum master degree in business management or equivalent
Minimum 15 years of business development experience in public/private sector organization
Minimum 4 years’ experience on senior management role in public/private sector organization
- Conduct business development activities including identifying business/investment opportunities, generating and follow up on source leads between relevant EARTH internal and external stakeholders
- Manage sector-wide primary and secondary studies on behalf of EARTH on industry, market, competitor analysis, potential products and services, customer needs
- Manage research and analysis on business/investment opportunities for EARTH and review research findings in order to access and recommend their feasibility for specific business/investments
- Manage marketing activities for day to day management of EARTH programs/projects in the development pipeline including and not limited to opportunity assessment, market evaluation, marketing research, financial evaluation and other marketing needs
- Conduct meetings with concerned EARTH department heads and Program/Project Managers to discuss the customer requirements and contribute in finalizing the proposals
- Recommend and implement business development approaches with respect to pre-proposal positioning where appropriate, as well as proposal development strategies and implementation
- Evaluate proposals, presentations, terms & conditions, negotiations and execution of programs/projects, acquisition of licensing opportunities and technologies, research collaboration, strategic alliances, joint ventures, distribution agreements, mergers/acquisitions/disinvestments, intellectual property rights etc.
- Identify and evaluate new markets for existing and new services/products through technology licensing and market partnership opportunities
- Maintain networking with industry players, strategic partners, sector based network of industry professionals etc.
- Represent EARTH in national and international exhibitions, trade shows, seminars, forums, discussions and debates
- Manage incorporation of information exhibitions, trade shows, seminars, forums, discussions and debates on relevant subject matters to ensure alignment to best industry practices
- Review recommendation of potential investors. Contact external sources to acquire permanent or adhoc access to key databases