Is responsible to support department objectives by keeping applicable equipments operating efficiently. Repair the faulty part or replace it. Carry out regular checks to avoid further breakdown. Need to work at site as requested.
Education and Qualifications
- A diploma in automotive mechanical systems with apprenticeship of at least 1 year.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in mechanical systems maintenance and repair.
- Understanding of automotive terminology and mechanics.
- Understanding of defense vehicles mechanical systems specifications and standards.
- Must possess the ability to read, understand and execute mechanical diagrams.
- Must be capable of reading process sheets in English.
- Must possess good interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Adheres to Departmental policies, procedures and work processes.
- Adheres to good safety and housekeeping standards are maintained as per defined policies and procedures.
- Assisting with working on failures and monitoring the functioning of different types of NIMR vehicles.
- Assist in repairing vehicles and equipment by changing and repairing tires, adjusting brakes and cleaning and lubricating parts as needed to ensure their optimum working order.
- Verify all repair work has been performed and completed based on established quality in job standards.
- Equipments disassemble and reassemble in proper sequence, making necessary component adjustments to complete job order.
- Basic analytical ability to determine appropriate required procedure when determining needed repairs.
- Conducts the daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance inspections, conducts safety compliance inspections and maintains records of department equipment.
- Performs equipment start-up procedures and machine operation as per operating manuals.
- Analyzes equipment failures, determines cause(s) and makes necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Works within the limits of authority as defined by the Departmental Foreman/Supervisor.
- Perform related works as requested.