Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
CLOSES ON: 2020-02-26
Department: Engineering and Technology
Direct reports: 2
Reports to: CTO
To lead and provide the expertise required to develop or oversee the development of feedback control, flight control, and system and subsystem management and navigation algorithms for autonomous systems applications.
Education and Qualifications
- B.Sc. in Electrical, Mechatronics or equivalent preferably followed by an M.Sc.
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading the development of safety critical avionics and flight control systems and subsystems and applying system-engineering best practice, of which minimum 5 years of experience leading the development of flight control and navigation algorithms applying system-engineering best practice.
- Preferably be recognized by a reputable international engineering Institute such as the IEEE and/or INCOSE at Senior Member.
- Expert knowledge with Matlab/Simulink dynamic modelling tool.
- Technical writing skills.
- Expert knowledge with of analog and digital control techniques.
- Vast experience with of various flight control and navigation techniques for VTOL and fix wing.
- Extensive experience in developing system requirements documents, components specifications and interface documents for mechanical subsystems and according to MIL-STD 961D standard.
- Business acumen.
- Vast experience with microcontroller and embedded systems.
- Vast experience with different types of RTOS including ARINC 653.
- Experience in C/C++ programming language.
- Expert knowledge with the ARP4754, DO-178B, DO-254.
- Cross functional cooperation.
- Analytical skills.
- Time management.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic.
- People management.
- Working well under pressure.
- Leading Others.
- Innovation Skills.
- To lead and develop linear and non-linear models for fixed wing and rotary wing UAV dynamics using parametric 6 DOF flight mechanics equations and implement the models using Matlab/Simulink.
- To lead and develop system identification techniques and to plan for the various tests/measurements required to refine the UAV dynamic model.
- To lead the specification of safe and operational flight control systems states and modes.
- To lead the specification of guidance modules and to implement the design in Matlab/Simulink or C/C++.
- To lead and specify flight control system performance, to design flight control inner loops and outer loops, to analyze the control loops stability and performance in Matlab/Simulink and to implement the design.
- To lead and define the definition of the interfaces of the various navigation sensors and actuators (i.e. GPS, IMU, ADU, MAG, servos etc.).
- To lead and develop the ground control station functionality related to safety critical functions such as manual pilot control functionality and interfaces and other ground system support functions.
- To lead, specify and implement the navigation sensors models in Matlab/Simulink.
- To lead and specify navigation modules modes of operation using a predefined set of Nav sensors provisioning normal and degraded modes and to specify algorithms for assessing the health and selection of the Nav sensors.
- To lead and specify navigation estimators using EKF algorithms and to implement the design in Matlab/Simulink or C/C++.
- To lead and test effort and prepare test procedures using HILS for performing tests.
- To lead and support the integration and test efforts relating to flight management hardware and software in order to support program milestones and their major reviews.
- To lead Flight Control System development using DO 178B as a guideline for the software development and DO254 for the Hardware development.
- To ensure program milestones and major reviews (such as various PDR, CDR and TRRs) are delivered.
- To ensure proper documentation of all work and follow ADASI quality and configuration management rules.
- To mentor junior engineers (analysts) and oversee their activities as they relate to the above job responsibilities and follow ADASI CBT internal processes.