Manager, Data Science
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
CLOSES ON: 2020-07-11
Education and Qualifications
- Master’s in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field
- Qualification in data science
- Minimum 8 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Experience in UAE or Middle East is desirable
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Design a data science set of systems and infrastructure
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience in supporting complex multinational/ holding company organization settings
- Experience in building up data science as a new business partner in a company
- Experience in Process Mining
- MS Office
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques
- Knowledge and experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks
- Proficiency in the English language