Fabrication & Tooling Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
CLOSES ON: 2020-08-31
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Direct reports: NA
Reports to: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Tooling Engineer coordinates technical activities concerned with the design, development, fabrication and implementation of tooling necessary for fabrication of welded metallic parts and production.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related discipline
- PMP, Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certification preferred
- 5 or more years’ experience in tool design and fabrication required
- Experience in tooling to be used in fabrication/welding of metallic parts, specifically in an automotive, defense or manufacturing environment
- Must have experience with and be able to exhibit the use of structured problem solving techniques utilizing computer applications
- Analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities
- Ensuring jigs, fixtures and work handling solutions produce MIG/TIG welded products/parts consistent with the part drawing ,
- Provide detailed information to Design Engineers including the creation of additional components which enable product/part changes to improve jigs and fixture fit up for welding/fabrication and therefore improve capability and repeatability or process;
- Project manage the design, manufacture, commissioning and prove out of jigs and fixtures into fabrication/production, following a thorough validation process.
- Provide procedures for the calibration and maintenance of Jigs and fixtures, both existing and new
- Utilizing best engineering practices, policies, and procedures, coordinate the tooling and equipment development activities for new processes, products, and current production.