Beacon Red is seeking to hire a Technical Writer to support the Mission Technology Department.
At the direction of the MTA Director or Program Manager of Instruction, work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and/or other technical experts to create technical documentation.
Education and Qualifications
At least a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other IT-related fields
Experience in curriculum or technical documentation development is advantageous.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in curriculum design, adult learning principles, and effective assessment strategies
- Experienced in writing technical documentation
- Sound knowledge of complex technical concepts
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to write original content free from spellings/grammatical errors
- Giving quality and detailed documentation
- Attention to details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Good knowledge of Adobe FrameMaker, Microsoft Office (including Powerpoint) and similar authoring tools
- Ability to deliver quality documentation under tight deadlines with changing product requirements
- Experience planning, researching, writing and editing documents that need to be produced as well as defining the overall structure of the documentation set
- Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents to support training, including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- Writing easy-to-comprehend user interface texts, developer guides, student materials and manuals online help manuals
- Working with in-house teams to obtain sound understanding of the products and their documentation requirements
- Producing quality documentation appropriate for its target audience as well as capable to meet all applicable standards
- Creating tutorials for helping the end-users in using software products
- Creating and maintaining the information architecture
- Analyzing existing and potential content while focusing on single-sourcing and reuse opportunities
- Use customer feedback to drive content, process, delivery and improvements
- Research topics to be documented based on information from variety of sources
- Collaborate with and take direction from program manager, subject matter experts and instructors
- Write for a variety of audiences, from non-technical end users to programmers, system administrators, and integrators
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and client deliverables.