This position will be responsible the development and implementation of hardware in the loop and GPS/GNSS software on new and existing products that are produced.
Education and Qualifications
- 4 Year Bachelor’s degree (Software, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science) or equivalent qualification or equivalent experience.
- Modelling & simulation
- Software Development
- Lab and field testing
• 15 – 20 twenty years’ experience in defense industry, preferably in navigation system development.
• 10 years’ experience in integrating algorithms onto some embedded systems.• Experience in problem solving techniques
• Draft software requirement specifications from User Requirements.
• Software design specifications preparation and review.
• Write interface control documents.
• Write software acceptance test procedures.
• Perform software design and development in accordance to the software design specification.
• Provide support on various programs in the development of systems, subsystems, components and software, such as flight computers, seekers, navigation and test equipment.
• Execute software acceptance test procedures.
• Ensure that designs comply with latest safety requirements for safety critical software.
• Analyse, report and review products parameter compliance with product specifications:
- Lab test results.
- Flight test results.
- Ad hoc investigation results.
• Hardware in the Loop Simulation:
• Establish Hardware in the Loop Simulation (HILS) capability.
• The primary focus of the HILS capability shall be to simulate Smart Munitions Weapon Systems.
• Where applicable/feasible, establish and maintain the HILS (or parts thereof)
• Derive simulation specifications from weapon system specifications for existing products or new weapon systems.
• Design and implement simulation models (subsystems) as defined by the simulation specification.
• Models may include (list not exhaustive): IIR/SAL/Optical seekers, GPS/GNSS, guidance, navigation, aerodynamic and weapon system control models.
• Validate the simulation models against empirical and test data, (not limited to) Aero wind tunnel, CFD or empirical data, Navigation field test data, Lab test data, Flight Test data).
• Design a HILS bench environment based on the appropriate 6-DOF simulation.
• Design and implement Hardware incorporation into the HILS bench.
• Validate the HILS environment.
• Perform HILS simulations analysis in support of System Engineering functions (specification parameter validation, what-if studies, embedded-software validation and hardware enhancement evaluation/validations).
• Perform HILS-based acceptance test studies.
• Perform analysis of simulation results and compile result reports.
• Work in close cooperation with 6-DOF development.
• Establish a real-time Operator in the Loop Simulation capability to develop pilot training aid simulators for weapon training purposes.
• Production line support: Participate in Fault Investigations, MRB and PCMBs to identify, define and resolve software/hardware/system/performance related issues.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.