Specialist, Production Engineering
The position is responsible to assist the Product line, the Production group and Quality with the identification and solution of technical problems on the production line associated with data pack issues, non-conformances of material and assembly and test process issues.
Education and Qualifications
- Engineering degree or diploma
- 15-20 years’ experience in defence industry, preferably in the weapon system development, testing and production environment.
- Hands on experience is essential
- Experience in problem solving techniques
- Investigate production problems as they occur on the production line.
- Investigate and propose suitable solutions to the MRB.
- Submit to the PCMB for implementation.
- Actively provide inputs, recommendations and feedback to the OEM/DA PCMB.
- Ensure that [Product] production documentation are continually updated as required.
- Contact suppliers to discuss non-conformances found on material/components.
- Solve manufacturing problems at the suppliers to improve the [Product].
- Actively involved with incoming inspection to point out typical related problems.
- Regular updating of PPS’s for component manufacturing at suppliers.
- Be actively involved in fault finding processes on the production line and improvement of products
- Create and maintain a good team spirit with fellow colleagues in the Production Department