Section Head Technical Procurement
The Section Head Technical Procurement is responsible for managing the procurement of technical (ship related) material and services by ensuring that procurement engineers / specialists purchase the best quality of products at competitive market prices. Defining long-term purchasing strategy for technical items by identifying strategic sourcing opportunities.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration / Engineering or any equivalent qualification.
- 10 years of relevant work experience in project management or supply chain operations specifically in contract management and T&C negation with at least 3 years in positions involving managerial responsibilities.
- Experience in the GCC, working with major ship repair/services customers
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Deep knowledge of shipyard related activities and aspects including different classes of ships, spare parts, etc.
- Deep knowledge of supply chain processes
- Knowledge in sourcing, RFQ and RFP preparation, negotiation, cost and pricing analysis, and evaluation skills
- Knowledge of commercial terms (T & Cs, LOCs, INCOTERMS, Euro-norms) and technical standards (DIN, EU, JIS, ASTM, ASME)
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills. A team player who generates enthusiasm and builds effective working relationships
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Solid negotiation skills
- Ability to efficiently work around complexities and roadblocks that keep occurring from time to time
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders at the same time.
- Leads all procurement activities related to technical items
- Ensures that procurement processes (RFQ, PO creation, etc.) and policies are followed and respected by the Technical Procurement team
- Manages and leads meetings with key OEMs and suppliers alongside the Head Supply Chain and other management stakeholders
- Handles major supplier disputes
- Reviews and approves all purchase orders related to technical items
- Reviews spend data across all technical categories, identifies supplier consolidation opportunities and lead efforts in developing framework agreements and contracts in close coordination with Contract Management team.
- Supports annual budgeting exercise for Technical Procurement section
- Coordinates closely with Planning & Coordination team to ensure visibility on demand plans
- Sets direction for technical items and services sourcing strategy
- Verifies suppliers’ ability to fulfil ADSB needs by proactively communicating demand plans
- Monitors and reviews performance and KPIs of Technical Procurement team to ensure that the section achieves its targets and drive changes when necessary
- Assigns procurement engineers / specialists to item categories based on load and individuals’ knowledge
- Ensures business continuity upon absence of specialized category procurers
- Handles internal disputes with end-users and stakeholders, when needed.
- Authorized to manage the effective cascading of the department strategy into business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Manages direct reports and department staff by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, training and development to ensure high level of engagement and a motivated workforce.
Human Capital Management
- Manages the effective achievement of objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing staff and providing formal and informal feedback in order to maximize overall performance and team motivation.
Budgets and Plans
- Contributes to the preparation of the department budget and monitors the financial performance of a given area versus the budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment
- Ensures compliance to all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management procedures and controls across the department to guarantee employee safety, compliance, delivery of high quality products/ services.
Change Management and Quality Assurance
- Manages and oversees change through continuous improvement of resource management and quality systems, processes and practices taking into account international leading practices, changes in international standards and in the business environment, and recommend appropriate actions.
- Motivates subordinates and identify opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes & practices taking into account international leading practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement. Delegate’s authority to subordinates as part of development programs.
Progress Updates and Reports
- Prepares departmental reports in a timely and accurate manner to meet ADSB policies and standards, and department requirements
- Ensures that critical progress updates and findings are reported to ADSB senior management and key program stakeholders so that prompt action is taken to minimize impact on the overall program.