To provide legal advice and support to ADASI and its subsidiaries (together ADASI), as directed by the General Counsel, in accordance with local laws, foreign laws (as applicable) and policies and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- Law degree from a common law jurisdiction.
- Minimum PQE four (4) years in corporate/commercial law.
- Minimum one (1) year in-house and industry experience (i.e. defense, aerospace, technology or similar).
- Minimum three (3) years private practice experience at an international law firm (magic or silver circle).
- Local/regional experience mandatory.
- Review and draft legal correspondence and memos.
- Review all external communication and legal documentation.
- Review and draft advertising and marketing materials from a legal perspective.
- Legal Instruments:
- Advise internal stakeholders on contract status, legal risks and mitigation.
- Review / prepare results of legal due diligence.
- Draft terms and conditions in agreements, contracts, and other legal instruments, as well as negotiate, draft, and execute agreements and contracts and manage various projects and deadlines.
- Legal Function:
- Supervise and oversee the work of other team members as directed by the Direct Report.
- Provide company secretarial support as directed.
- Participate in committees and other forums of relevance as directed by the Direct Report.
- Draft Legal Department precedents, policies, procedures and general know-how.
- Prepare and submit to the Direct Report legal reports as directed.
- Identify appropriate systems and processes for the Legal Department to ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Legal Knowledge:
- Keep well-informed and updated with legislative changes that may affect ADASI.
- Subject to internal budget, undertake continuous professional development in contract and commercial law and such other areas of practice applicable to ADASI’s business activities.
- Document Control and Management:
- Keep a hard copy and a soft copy of all matter files and ensure that all correspondence and documents are filed in the matter files (hard copy) and public drive (soft copy).
- Maintain detailed notes of internal and external communications.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive document and file management control to assure highest legal standards.
- Ensure Direct Report is kept abreast of all matters and copied on all email correspondence.
- Undertake such other legal tasks as directed by the Direct Report from time to time.
- Undertake mentoring and training of Legal Department junior staff.
- Attention to detail.
- Decision making skills.
- Working well under pressure.
- Cross functional cooperation.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Time management.
- Conflict management.
- Emotional intelligence.
- People management.
- Risk management.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic.
- Problem solving skills.
- Conflict management.
- Innovation skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Document/report drafting skills.
- Negotiation and Influence.
- Data management and PC skills.
- Excellent use of Arabic and English language skills (written, spoken and drafting).
- Strong understanding of the UAE legal systems, in particular, UAE Companies Law, UAE Civil Code, UAE Commercial Code and UAE Labour Law.
- Business acumen.
- Export control experience.
- International contracts/cross border experience.
- Regulatory experience.
- Strong understanding of intellectual property law and concepts.
- Experience working with relevant government agencies and authorities.
Experience working with UAE Armed Forces and similar units preferred.