Section Head -Warehouse
The Section Head -Warehouse is responsible for supervising & guiding on the warehouse team from material reception to delivery in order to ensure that scope of work and jobs are completed as per specific guidelines, and ADSB quality and safety standards.
Education and Qualifications
- Graduate of a certified apprenticeship program in shipbuilding, warehousing, material handling or equivalent qualification.
- 10 years of relevant work experience in warehousing, transportation with at least 3 years in positions involving managerial responsibilities.
Experience in the GCC, working with major ship repair/services customers
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of shipbuilding materials and warehousing practices
- Knowledge of tools receiving, storing, binning, labelling and issuance.
- Material management skills
- Supervisory skills
- Understanding of ship material and equipment
- Deep knowledge of shipyard related activities and aspects including different classes of ships, spare parts, etc.
- Deep knowledge of supply chain processes
- Self-directed and highly motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A team player who generates enthusiasm and builds effective working relationships
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to efficiently work around complexities and roadblocks that keep occurring from time to time
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders at the same time
- Prepares and inspects the material inventory in order to check materials from a quality and quantity perspective.
- Carries out periodical stock verification of consumables and project material.
- Inspects the binning, labelling, repacking and issuance of material, spares and tools in order to ensure accurate distribution of material as per the specified amounts
- Assigns daily tasks to warehouse officers & coordinators and supervises the completion of these tasks in order to ensure that the right people are placed in the right jobs and are effectively and efficiently completing their tasks
- Maintains all relevant documentation in order to ensure availability of data and archives records for any future reference.
- Coordinates with internal departments in order to understand project material needs and ensures timely delivery of materials.
- Conducts regular meeting with Material Planners to manage the warehouse storage area.
- Flags potential risks and challenges to Department Head
- Initiates and leads the resolution of material discrepancy in co-ordination with the Purchasing team
Supervision of Subordinates
- Organizes and supervises onsite day-to-day work, provides guidance to the warehouse team and resolves related issues in order to ensure that the job is completed as per the work schedule and budget
- Provides on-the-job training and constructive feedback to subordinates to support their overall development.
Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensures compliance with all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management procedures, standards, controls and systems across manufacturing / resource management activities to guarantee employee health and safety, compliance with statutory and classification requirements, delivery of high quality work (in line with quality control standards).
Change Management and Quality Assurance
- Manages and oversees change through continuous improvement of resource management and quality systems, processes and practices taking into account international leading practices, changes in international standards and in the business environment, and recommend appropriate actions.
- Motivate self and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account international leading practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Recommends improvements to departmental policy and manages the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of activity so that all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
Progress Updates and Reports
- Tracks the progress of warehouse jobs/teams in order to update status reports and informs the Head of Department about any deviations or issues