The Warehouse Officer is responsible for performing daily activities of the Warehousing including material receiving, inspection of material by physical count and condition, binning/storing and issuance of material to customers, packing & shipping. Warehouse Officer is also responsible for coordination with the Quality Assurance and the End User for timely receipt inspection of the goods received in the Warehouse.
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma of a certified apprenticeship program in shipbuilding, warehousing, material handling or equivalent qualification.
- 3 years of experience in warehousing in any industry with at least 1 years as a warehouse officer.
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of shipbuilding materials and warehousing practices
- Knowledge of tools receiving, storing, binning, labelling and issuance.
- Material management skills
- Knowledge of warehousing practices
- Planning and organising skills
- Self-directed and highly motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A team player who generates enthusiasm and builds effective working relationships
- Ability to efficiently work around complexities and roadblocks that keep occurring from time to time
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders at the same time
- Performs day-to-day warehouse work including receipt of material, material inspection count and condition, binning/storing of material at various warehouse locations, issuance of material to internal customers and sub-contractor. Operate independently in Warehouses, Tool Room and Satellite Stores, Packing and shipping of material.
- Operates 1 – 5 Ton forklift, reach truck and pallet truck to organize the storage space of Warehouses
- Ensures Warehouses and other storage areas are neat and orderly in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Performs/supports periodical inventory check and maintains ERP inventory system update by transacting the warehouse activities on time.
- Ensures that consumables and preventative maintenance of spare parts inventory are properly maintained in order to support ADSB’s business operations.
- Updates and maintains accurate inventory records and ensures data is recorded in ERP system, so that it can be retrieve as and when required.
- Liaises with trades, services, facilities and others to provide feedback and recommendations for future improvement on their requirements of material & tools.
- Coordinates with Material Planner in planning the storage space and requirements of warehouses to ensure adequate storage space available for incoming shipments.
Supervision of Subordinates
- Organises and supervises the activities and work of general workers to ensure that housekeeping and other work within a warehouse is carried out in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating policies and procedures.
Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensures compliance with all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management procedures, standards, controls and systems across manufacturing / resource management activities to guarantee employee health and safety, compliance with statutory and classification requirements, delivery of high quality work (in line with quality control standards).
Change Management and Quality Assurance
- Manages and oversees change through continuous improvement of resource management and quality systems, processes and practices taking into account international leading practices, changes in international standards and in the business environment, and recommend appropriate actions.
- Motivate self and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account international leading practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Recommends improvements to departmental policy and manages the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of activity so that all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
Progress Updates and Reports
- Generates and maintains a variety of ERP reports of Warehouse activities to monitor the day-to-day operation.