- Contract Engineer uses specialized knowledge to determine that the facility has the machinery, components and supplies needed to efficiently and safely operate. Review any engineering changes that impact material or supplier, to adjust stocks accordingly. Choosing the appropriate suppliers to purchase from. Procurement Engineer does extensive industry research, meet with salespeople and compares their products and prices. Once selects vendors, negotiate sales agreements to purchase the required products. Then propose the company to award contracts to the qualified vendors as per the company policies and procedures, and continue to administer these contracts throughout the relationship. Responsible for managing supplier performance in terms of quality, cost, delivery, and responsiveness. Periodically review suppliers, and launch improvement programs where required.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
Qualifications and experience
• 3-5 years of experience in procurment, ideally from defense industry.
• Ability to identify cost reduction opportunities.
• Excellent commercial & business acumen.
• Excellent supplier relationship management skills.
• Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Uses Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word)
- Project management
- Analytical skills
Core behavioural competencies
- Planning and organizing
- Accountability, Attitudes and Ethics
- Working together
- Knowledge of Commercial policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Commercial techniques
- Customer and community focus
• Analyze all suppliers in order to select the most suitable suppliers who are able to deliver high quality products at competitive pricing.
• Negotiate with suppliers on lead-time, cost and quality so as to obtain the maximum benefit for the company.
• Manage suppliers to meet objectives related to cost, delivery performance, schedule and quality.
• Develop purchasing or sourcing strategies based on portfolio analyses and supplier preferencing study.
• Define and maintain documented category and supplier strategies using market and competitive data.
• Liaise with suppliers on delivery schedule so as to ensure on-time deliveries of final product.
• Develop, implement and drive the procurement strategies in order to meet cost savings targets.
• Review and manage the supplier base to ensure consistency with the sourcing strategy.
• Perform regular performance review with suppliers to drive continuous improvements.
• Create monthly performance reviews and reports focusing on overall sourcing requirements.
• Ensure commercial, legal and contractual compliances in all the procurement transactions.
• Adopt appropriate supplier management methodologies and procurement strategies in purchasing to secure better prices.
• Assist in training team on effective procurement processes and strategy.
• Coordinate with vendor on continuous quality improvement.