Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
CLOSES ON: 2020-02-26
Direct reports: Senior Manager Operations, SCM Manager, Maintenance and Facility Manager
Reports to: CEO
Directing and Managing all operations including production, supply chain, facility, maintenance, production and service life surveillance
Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field
- Masters’ Degree is preferred.
Qualifications and experience
- 8-10 years of experience gained through increasingly responsible director position in defense / manufacturing industry.
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles.
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts.
- Knowledge of ERP structure (SAP, Oracle Financial, Microsoft AX, etc.)
- Uses Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word)
Core behavioural competencies
- Planning and organizing
- Accountability, Attitudes and Ethics
- Customer and community focus
- Negotiation and influence
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and take all reasonable measures to maintain and improve health and safety in the production department. Ensure that all work is carried out according to the safety regulations.
- Ensure that production plants and equipment are used in the prescribed manner to maintain a safe working environment
- Ensure through managing the Equipment Maintenance Department, that all instrumentation, machinery, mechanical and electrical equipment is in working order and being used safely at all times and that malfunctions are rectified. Ensure that maintenance services operate efficiently and within statutory or contractual requirements.
- Oversee and assist with compiling the plant and production department budgets. Ensure adherence to the plant and production department budgets. Monitor and account for deviations and apply for revisions where necessary.
- Anticipate and plan for the timeouts, acquisition of additional capacity to meet projected sales demands.
- Plan and implement approved long term projects, manage their implementation and monitor their progress.
- Keep up to date with technological advances within the industry and make recommendations for improvement to the CEO.