The Procurement and Contracting Specialist is responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The incumbent performs strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, searches for better deals and finds more profitable suppliers.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration / Supply Management/ Engineering,
- MBA is preferred
Qualifications and experience
- 10 Year of relevant experience
- CPIM, CPM, Lean or Six Sigma certification preferred
- Advanced computer literacy skills
- Advanced English language skills (Oral and written)
- Ability and willingness to work within a flexible schedule
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to deal with work-related deadlines, accountabilities and responsibilities
- Ability to work under frequent job pressure generated by short and inflexible deadlines
- Advanced office administration skills
Core behavioural competencies
- Leverages business & strategic mind-set
- Ensures disciplined execution of the work
- Drives and delivers performance result
- Naturally friendly and positive daily attitude
- Ability to work independently and under time constraints
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to carry out directives efficiently
- Demonstrates learning agility
- Manage and coordinate Remaya’s Procurement and Contracting functions and resources and ensure that the below functions are executed efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Delegate and monitor Remaya’s Procurement and Contracting functions, goals, objectives, and programs.
- Prepare reports on the overall performance of the Projects Procurement and Contracting functions for the senior management.
- Review and evaluate the work of staff and outsourced services under his / her supervision, and ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively and that it complies with the Departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage and coordinate the Budgeting & Reporting and ensure that the activity is executed efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports on the overall performance of the Procurement and Contracting functions for the PM.
- Advise the PM on the progress of all work under his / her control.
- Procurement Planning
- Procurement reporting
- Responsible for timely delivery of materials & services
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Regular market analysis and price benchmarking
- Support operation & business development for budgeting and estimation
- Monitoring of expenditure versus budget
- Vendor screening and performance Contribute to improvement in performance
- Lead the site procurement / purchasing function and focus on continuous improvement in regards to production planning, and inventory control. This includes but is not limited to: the integration of services between related departments, enhancing system controls, and cost reductions for supplied materials.
- Plans and implements activities related to timely, efficiency, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and material control systems to attain sustainability, streamline procedures and implement solutions.
- Aggressively identifies and investigates pragmatic opportunities in order to achieve company driven goals and objectives.
- Ensures the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels.
- Negotiate strategic supplier agreements, both domestic and international. ( Shipping & Logistics)
- Performs all duties in compliance with the policies and procedures.
- Developing relationships with distributors.
- Working to create and promote a safe working environment.
- Involved in selling off excess, damaged inventory and stock.
- Co-ordination of the provision of management information in relation to procurement activity including the achievement of efficiency and value for money savings
- Management of the audit process for procurement, ensuring audit trail is in place for all projects and working with auditors to achieve full compliancy.