To support the goals of finance department in execution of controls over recording and reporting of financial statements.
Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor degree in Business Administration or equivalent
Qualifications and experience
- 3 - 4 Years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Occupational Safety and Health Diploma, NEBOSH General Certificate, NEBOSH International Diploma
- Preferred ADVETI Certified as an OSH Practitioner.
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. HSE Auditor, first aid, CPR and firefighting certified, etc.)
- Uses Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word)
Core behavioural competencies
- Planning and organizing
- Accountability, Attitudes and Ethics
- Working together
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Circulate material received from OSHE to appropriate members of the department. This will include, but not be limited to, occupational safety and health policies, standard operating procedures, training session notifications, and general occupational safety and health information.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Assist in the identification of occupational safety and health issues, deficiencies and hazards by periodically inspecting the workplace. Bring identified issues, deficiencies or hazards to the attention of the person responsible for the area or the equipment. Assist as necessary to ensure that the issue, deficiency or hazard is resolved.
- Ensure that any responsibilities listed for Safety Officers under the various standard operating procedures issued by OSHE are completed.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety training records are maintained.
- Establish a full program of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Ensure that monthly inspections of fire extinguishers, hose cabinets and first aid kits are carried out.
- If necessary, accompany staff from OSH external regulatory agencies during workplace inspections. Assist the department by following up on any deficiencies noted during inspections to ensure they are corrected by those responsible for the area or the item.
- If necessary, assist supervisors in the completion of incident/accident reports to ensure they are submitted to OSHE in a timely manner. It may also be necessary to assist EHS with investigating incidents or accidents.
Keep the Department Head informed on all of the above.
- Implement the Occupational Safety, Health and Environment initiatives in line with the organization's goals and objectives and governmental requirements to ensure compliance.
- Participate in inspections of the organization's facilities to detect existing or potential health, safety, and environment hazards, determine corrective / preventive measures, and follow-up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Participate in investigations of incidents related to occupational safety, health and environment and cooperate in the preparation of material and evidence for the organization in hearings, law suits, and insurance investigations.
- Assist in preparing programs to train employees on issues related to health, safety, and environment to ensure awareness within the organization as necessary.
- Provide support on functional projects related to the section through activities such as documentation, data collection, analysis, planning, and coordination with internal and external parties.
- Prepare and present regular reports on the activities of the Section to the direct supervisor.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as directed by the direct supervisor.