Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
CLOSES ON: 2020-02-26
Department: Maritime & Offshore, Training Unit
Direct reports: None
Reports to: Manager, Maritime & Offshore Senior Instructor (Dotted Line)
Assist the Training Department with the preparations and delivery of courses and programs to a competent level and in line with the policies and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational and/or Professional qualifications in the fields Maritime, Onshore and Offshore Safety
Qualifications and experience
- Certificate in First Aid Training
- Certified in firefighting training.
- 3 plus years of relevant experience in the field of Safety, Security and HSE
- Knowledge and understanding of HSE standards, measures and regulations
- Ability to communicate course material in a clear and understandable manner.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to teach effectively in an adult learning environment.
- Possession of diving and rescue techniques
- Acquaintance of dealing with stressed delegates
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Core behavioural competencies
- Customer and community focus
- Negotiation and influence
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Planning and organizing
- Accountability, Attitudes and Ethics
- Working together
- Provide full support to the training team members in all aspects of the ongoing training courses
- Discuss assigned duties with the Instructor in order to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Support in performing general maintenance of training equipment
- Assist other team members to ensure the smooth running of training operations
- Provide supervision on maintaining high level of cleanliness of the training facilities/areas (such as the swimming pool, fire ground etc.) and control the entry of personnel to these areas.
- Ensure training equipment is ready and operational for each training session.
- Maintain the required quality levels of health and safety relevant to the job function at all times, such as water quality at the pool, safety measures and cleanliness of training equipment and training costumes, etc.
- Be present at the fire ground to assist the Instructors and/or Sr. Instructors during ongoing training activities, and undertake specific activities for example act as rescue divers during trainings at the pool.
- Remain continually aware of actual or potential dangers to participants and practice preventative lifeguarding including accident and incident prevention i.e. behavioural concerns, potential accidents or collisions
- Support in delivery of theoretical (class room) and/or field based practical Instructions to students individually or in small groups in a safe environment, demonstrating good class control and safety supervision under the direction and guidance of the Instructor.
- Supervise students in Practical Training Grounds in conjunction with the Instructor’s guidance
- Follow appropriate channels of communication in dealing with staff concerns are forwarded to the assigned class instructor in a timely manner
- Assist Instructors and/or Sr. Instructors in the production of reports, power points presentations and work records as and when required
- Compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post
- Focus on self-development and maintain high level professional skills in the field of Safety, Security and HSE.