To efficiently implement quality health, safety, and environment plans to ensure compliance with Jaheziya’ s policies and procedures, local and government and international body’s requirements.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health
- Vocational Diploma and/or adequate number of Professional qualifications in the fields QHSE
Qualifications and experience
- OSHAD Practitioner
- NEBOSH certificate
- Certified Internal Auditor qualification
- Team member in Quality projects
- 6 plus years of relevant experience, of which 3 years within a Safety, Security and Disaster Management sector
- Excellent knowledge of process and Audit for ISO 9001:2008 OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 14001:2004
- Highly skilled in the development and implementation of quality health, safety, and environment-related plans, including business continuity and contingency
- Knowledge and understanding of HSE standards, measures and regulations
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and work ethic
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Core behavioural competencies
- Customer and community focus
- Negotiation and influence
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Planning and organizing
- Accountability, Attitudes and Ethics
- Working together
- Implement the Health, Safety & Security initiatives in line with the organization's goals and objectives and governmental requirements to ensure compliance.
- Provide support on functional projects related to the section through activities such as documentation, data collection, analysis, planning, and coordination with internal and external parties.
- Prepare and present regular reports on the activities of the Section to the Manager, Health, and Safety & Security.
- Represent the organization with local government departments related to health, safety, and security to ensure compliance with relevant rules and regulations.
- Inspect the organization's facilities to detect existing or potential health, safety, and security hazards, determine corrective / preventive measures, and follow-up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Lead investigations of incidents related to health, safety, and security and cooperate in the preparation of material and evidence for the organization in hearings, law suits, and insurance investigations.
- Plan and implement programs to train employees on issues related to health, safety, and security to ensure awareness within the organization, as necessary. This may include IOSH Managing Safely Certificate and IOSH Working Safely Certificate.
- Plan and implement programs to train safety officers, coordinators in NEBOSH IGC Level Understanding of Occupational Health and Safety.
- Plan and implement training internal auditors within the organization to cater to the needs of internal audit function to maintain certification of ISO 9001/ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Request and record feedback evaluation reports from employees on training programs conducted. Submit summary feedback reports to line manager and management.
- Ensure the availability of business continuity and contingency plans to ensure continuous operations in cases of emergency.
- Establish/maintain an Integrated QHSE Management System and obtain/maintain the Organizations’ certification in ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14001: 2004 & OHSAS 18001: 2007.
- Ensure compliance to Abu Dhabi EHSMS Codes of Practice and applicable legal and other regulatory requirements.
- Plan and conduct HSE awareness campaigns for employees, e.g.: "Stay Healthy in the Heat", "Reporting of Hazards/Risks/Near Misses/Accidents/HSE suggestions".
- Development of HSE Data System for reporting of HSE incidents/hazards/aspects/ill health cases, to follow up the same with corrective and preventive actions and to provide feedback to the relevant section about the effectiveness of the actions.
- Development of “Continuity of Operations” plan for the organization to ensure business continuity.
- Conduct training needs analysis for employees to ensure effective building of HSEQ Culture.
- Support in the development of Training and Practical Exercise content depending on the customer requirements.
- Establish and administer the “Customer Feedback System” and “Customer Complaint Handling System” for all processes at the organization.
- Prepare and present regular reports on the activities of the QHSE function to the Line Manager and Management.