SLS Logistics Manager
Logistics Manager responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design; develop analysis and reporting capabilities; monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements in the domain of ammunition and explosives.
Education and Qualifications
- 3 year tertiary qualification in Explosives Engineering or equivalent and qualified as an Ammunition Technician/Warrant Officer (Level 4)
Qualifications and experience
- minimum of 10 years’ experience in the field.
- 2-4 Years as an ILS Engineer in defence industry, preferably on weapons and Ammunition programmes.
- Understanding of ammunition Service Life Surveillance planning techniques and processes according to recognized international or military standard.
- A strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in MS Office, MS Access, Adobe programs.
- Demonstrated ability to produce data driven decisions & produce results
- Familiarity with basic product related terms and processes
- Familiarity with basic ammunition manufacturing and QM processes.
- Strategic planning
- Customer service
- MS Office
- Project Management
- Client Relations and Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Highly Organised
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure
- Risk Management
- Attention to detail
- Professional writing and verbal communication skills in English
Core behavioural competencies
- Creating and Innovating
- Developing Self
- Developing others
- Flexibility and Adapting to change
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Teamwork and Relationship Building
- Research and analysis of Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) element problems and determine solution alternatives.
- Perform routine customer interface in the execution and status reporting of tasks.
- Review reports, Ammunition and Explosives Technical Manuals, technical papers, drawings, specifications, procedures, etc.; consolidate comments from various organizations; and draft reports.
- Assist in the preparation of routine correspondence (letters, memoranda and route sheets), spreadsheets, Gantt charts, presentations and meeting minutes.
- Assist with maintenance of logistics support data, Service Life Surveillance Data Base, planning schedules, and documents.
- Support logistics element(s) tasks.
- Incoming and outgoing ammunition inspection.
- Advisory to the Technical Writer.
- Advisory to the Training Coordinator as well as the assistance in the coordination of training.
- Assessing the safety requirements and inform the team.
The Integrated Logistic Support elements applicable to BARIJ Munitions:
- ILS1 DESIGN INFLUENCE/CONCEPT DEFINITION – Threat Hazard Assessment and Insensitive Munitions definition.
- ILS2 MAINTENANCE PLANNING – Service Life Surveillance schedules (Visual Inspection, Chemical Analysis; Mechanical Testing and Dynamic firing).
- ILS4 SUPPLY SUPPORT– transport & storage configurations and rules.
- ILS5 SUPPORT EQUIPMENT AND TEST, MEASUREMENT AND DIAGNOSTICS EQUIPMENT (TMDE) – Smart weapon BIT testing and Hardware in the loop simulation (HILS) and maintenance work benches.
- ILS6 TRAINING AND TRAINING DEVICES – Explosive Ordnance Disposal, Inspection and repair training and sectioned training aids.
- ILS9 PACKAGING, HANDLING AND STORAGE (PHS) – Unit loads for the GHQ.
- ILS10 TRANSPORTATION AND TRANSPORTABILITY – Air supply of the commodity, integration into weapon system bomb racks etc.
- ILS 12 STANDARDIZATION AND INTEROPERABILITY (S&I) – Weapons Type qualification with ammunition, OT & E and interoperability trials.
- ILS15 RAM – tracking of commodity reliability through total life cycle in compliance with international convention.
Generation of Ammunition and Explosives Technical Manuals with information from ILS elements that will cover existing products.
- Technical and functional description of the commodity
- Storage and transport rules (Land; Air; Rail and Sea)
- Technical inspection, preventative maintenance and Service Life Surveillance Schedules.
EOD Render Safe Procedures and Demilitarization procedures.