Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
CLOSES ON: 2020-02-26
Direct reports: Planning Project Manager, Production Planner
Reports to: CEO
- To develop, lead and execute the Business & Operational Planning strategy, yielding improved value/experience for customers and enhanced revenue/margin growth for the business.
- To manage the production planning, procurement planning and project planning functions to maintain effective procurement, production and projects schedules that will ensure the optimum utilization of materials, manpower, machines and storage resources.
Education and Qualifications
- University degree in Business or Engineering
Qualifications and experience
- 7 - 10 years of practical experience in the business planning.
- Excellent communication in English (Spoken & Written) and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Self-starter, motivated, confident & open character
- Knowledge of ERP structure (SAP, Oracle Financial, Microsoft AX, etc.)
- Uses Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word)
- Proven working experience as a planning manager in process manufacturing fields
- Analytical ability
- Detail-oriented, efficient and organized.
Core behavioural competencies
- Planning and organizing
- Accountability, Attitudes and Ethics
- Working together
- Customer and community focus
- People Management
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Define, develop and implement business planning processes.
- Coordinate and manage cross-functional teams to improve business planning methods.
- Determine and execute key business initiatives that will drive business operations.
- Recommend improvements to procedures, contracts and agreements.
- Develop and implement best practices and learning plans to meet business objectives.
- Assist management in operations, resource management, budget, revenue accounting, etc.
- Develop standard procedures to manage and maintain business operational and financial objectives.
- Assist in preparing strategic plan by analysing trends and forecast.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of market dynamics such as competitor analysis, market share, demographic trends, and growth projections.
- Understand business direction and needs and develop solutions, roadmaps and assessment of potential business impacts.
- Lead the establishment and execution of the Business & Operational Planning processes for the entire company.
- Execute all facets of the Business & Operational Planning process to provide an optimum customer service level and working capital performance as defined by the organization’s business operating plans and strategic objectives.
- Partner with the Business Development and Sales, to ensure the demand consensus process delivers an agreed upon, workable volume forecast (mid and long term); ensure gaps and overlaps are addressed, scenarios are completed and issues appropriately escalated to meet business objectives.
- Collaborate with Production, Business Development & Sales, Engineering, Supply Chain and Finance to ensure that the appropriate data is available to be reviewed at the Business & Operations Planning process meetings.
- Create the Sales & Operations Planning minutes, communicate key conclusion to stakeholders and perform follow up of the actions.
- Recommend and maintain optimal inventory levels at various stages in the supply chain in order to achieve customer satisfaction levels as well as mitigate inventory exposure.
- Analyse supply and demand issues and facilitate resolution throughout the supply chain.
- Assist in quantifying and defining scope for capacity, resource, logistics, and supply chain planning.
- Provide demand planning input and forecast to company’s business partners.
- Evaluate supplier delivery performance and capability, building into the Business & Operations Planning process risk mitigating approaches to manage supplier performance variation.
- Maintain forecasts and manage links between systems for forecasting, master production scheduling, inventory management and product development utilizing various systems.
- As integral part of company’s key business process systems’ selection, implementation, and execution, document and share “best practice” methods, processes and ideas across the business’s supply chain operations to drive continuous improvements in all aspects of business operations.
- Lead corporate initiatives aimed at improving current business processes.
- Work to reduce the cost of Business and operations planning, recommending improvements to procedures, contracts and agreements.
- Supervise all PFU projects to ensure its completion within the target schedule, budget and scope.
- Develop a monitoring and reporting system for all PFU projects to ensure visibility, responsibility and accountability