Chief Synthetic Flight Instructor (CSFI)
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
CLOSES ON: 2020-02-26
Department: Rotary Wing Flight Training
Direct reports: Synthetic Flight instructors
Reports to: Head of Training
The CSFI is responsible for the management of the synthetic flight instructors, MCCI and for monitoring standards.
Education and Qualifications
- Holds or have held license (ATPL/H, CPL(H), holds or have held an instructor rating.
Qualifications and experience
- Have completed 2000 hours’ flight time of which a minimum of 1500 hours shall be on Multi crew flying and 700 hrs instructional duties related to the flying courses conducted of which 200 hours may be flight instrument, and has conducted ab-initio.
- Previous experience in military or civilian ATO.
- Have extensive experience in ATO as SFI/MCCI.
- Appropriate management and supervising experience in flight Monitoring and Supervising duties.
- Have practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety
- Standards and safe operating practices.
- High level of Instructional Techniques
- Computer literate (MS Word, excel, outlook and PowerPoint)
Advanced knowledge of:
- GCAA CAR-FCL and any associated requirements and procedures.
- Authority Technical Orders and the relevant Aviation Law.
- Company Specifications and the relevant parts of the Horizon’s Operations Manual and training manual.
- Be familiar with Compliance Monitoring Systems, Safety management system and EHS
Core behavioural competencies
- Management and supervising skills
- Organizing skills
- Problem solving
- Effective time management
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Supervision and standardisation of SFIs reporting to him and the provision of instructor briefing materials.
- Satisfy that adequate arrangements are put in place standardise flight and synthetic flight instructional staff.
- Responsible of student flight and synthetic flight instructions records.
- Responsible of ensuring the suitable arrangements are in place for the signing of all course completion certificates
- Responsible for the FSD certifications / documentations as per the GCAA regulations
- Complying with the daily program (take off time, sortie duration).
- Complying with the EDIC Horizon standards (content of the sortie, standard to teach the exercises, grading of the sorties.
- Ensuring that daily sortie reports are correctly completed, signed by both the Instructor and the student, and filed in the student’s personal file.
- Ensuring that student flying time is recorded correctly in the student’s personal file and logbook.
- Raising any necessary occurrences or defects in the Flight Simulator.
- Providing/Conducting necessary lectures as per training program.
- Complying with all EHSMS, QMS, Compliance & SMS requirements.