The Officer Purchasing is primarily responsible for local and/or international purchasing, more of general stuffs, also responsible to perform documentation and administration duties related to the business of purchasing within applicable company policies and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma in business administration or relevant field is required
- Bachelor in business administration or relevant field is preferred
- Certified Professional Purchasing qualification or training
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum two years of experience in procurement.
- Understanding the confidentiality matters pertaining to Procurement & Supplier
Qualifications Key skills
- Knowledge of ERP structure (SAP, Oracle Financial, Microsoft AX, etc.)
- Uses Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word)
Core behavioural competencies
- Planning and organizing
- Accountability, Attitudes and Ethics
- Working together
- Receive all purchase requisitions and maintain purchase requisitions log on the ERP system. Maintains daily purchase order log on the ERP system. Performs data entry duties as needed.
- Select and contact the vendors of Local / International for quotations and prepare techno commercial comparison sheets for every purchase requisition, efficiently identifying cost-saving opportunities.
- Source, select and negotiate for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services with suppliers.
- Responsible for preparation and processing of local and / international purchase orders / contracts /agreements and documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Issue purchase orders / contracts / agreements in accordance with all terms and conditions and accurate technical/industrial specifications.
- Arrange the meetings with requesting dept. as and when required.
- Arrange the PDI in supplier premise by coordinating with relevant departments.
- Assign the shipping companies for the freight by coordinating with logistics department.
- Plan and schedule purchases according to required delivery dates, prioritize various requests duly.
- File and maintain relevant files and records.
- Manage and develop supplier relationships and establish long-term associations to secure the interests of BARIJ
- Ensure competent and quality execution of all regular purchasing duties and related administrative work.
- Co-ordinate with users from various departments to complete purchasing scope of work for projects assigned
- Handle and monitor claims to suppliers and vendors for defective deliveries of items, shortages in deliveries, missing parts and items.
- Improve supply chain processes on a continuous basis.
- Adhere to code of ethics as directed in the procurement policy.
- Perform other tasks & duties as allocated by a Department Manager or Supervisor.
- Negotiating, drafting and recommending agreements with suppliers, including price, balancing commercial and technical interests with acceptable commercial and legal risks to the company
- Reviewing and finalizing contractual documents to include non-disclosure agreements, contract terms and conditions and purchase orders
- Maintain an audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules
- Track payments and deadlines
- comply with reasonable OSH instructions and safe working procedures;
- use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems;
- be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures;
- not willfully or recklessly endanger anyone's health and safety;
- assist with the preparation of risk assessments; and
- report OSH hazards, incidents, and issues
- include OSH requirements in tender and procurement procedures and documents; and
- ensure OSH performance is included when evaluating and monitoring service providers / contractors overall performance